Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Confidence, Courage, & Memories


"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions." ~Earl Gray Stevens

~*~
Hello Susan,
Here is today's heartfelt blessing:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." ~Steve Jobs, CEO Apple Computer

Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to live for others we forget to live for us. But the truth of the matter is that becoming the person you were meant to be begins with honoring the person you are right now. It begins with being true to you. It begins in this perfect moment.

And until tomorrow...Know that you are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to me.

May your day be filled with all things good,
Kate

The May You Be Blessed movie is available for viewing here: http://www.mayyoubeblessedmovie.com/

If you are not a subscriber to the daily version of Heartfelt Blessings but would like to be, you may subscribe here: http://clicks.aweber.com/z/ct/?39u_8OBRpVlsUPtGErwLsg

Please feel free to forward this message to others.
© Copyright 2006 by Kate Nowak, Live More Abundantly Productions.
All Rights Reserved

~*~

Today is pick a wonderful memory day. Not a national holiday but a holiday from the traditional day for sure.


When I was adopted at the age of 4 (finalized when I was 5), I was immediately whisked onto a plane to celebrate the Bicentennial with my new mother, grandmother, and sister. The year was 1976. My mother knew she loved me from the start, but what she didn’t know was that I was quite talkative and had no fear meeting other people.

Most 5 year olds show a certain degree of shyness meeting other people let alone crowds of people. Not me…

On the plane ride, I took it upon myself to find and introduce all the passengers on the plane to my new mother, sister and grandmother. Each person thought I was so adorable, how could they refuse this precocious 5 year old who wanted nothing more than to connect people.

On the trip itself we met several more people, as many as I could get to listen I’m sure. They would come over and meet my family and were just enamored with me. I can’t remember thinking back on this day if I got anyone who reacted negatively to my charms. I like to think for the sake of the memory that perhaps just once, everyone was responsive. Perhaps.

While this memory is my pick of the day, it is not one I remember entirely. It is a memory created by the shared remembrances of my past. It’s funny, growing up with such trauma as a child it seems I’ve developed an ability to remember with clarity, the bad things. Yet the good things are fuzzy, almost dreamlike in their memories and even in some cases, almost nonexistent. When I decided to write this post today about memory, a WONDERFUL memory at that, I actually thought “Well hell, now what do I write about.”

I think however, exercises like these, for those who like I do, see more dark than light… will help to focus where our thoughts really need to be; Living in the light of good times, memories, and friends. This way you always know the things that make you special and loved. And the darkness has no where to hide in the face of light.

If nothing else, then at least people get to see the light side of me as I post the events and memories of my life. If it brings you joy, then I am glad and will smile. That is all I aspire to do…

XO
~Muse

~*~

WELL WISHES, BLESSINGS, & INTENTIONS

I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback on this section, and while Digital Soup Online; the Blog will continue, I hope to continue the tradition of blessings here too. Today’s blessing from me to you is two fold.

May you know that you are a blessing to me much as I am a blessing to a stranger Kate Nowak. Know that by coming here, reading about me, and having any opinion whatsoever to my writing, you are witnessing to my life. Just as I witness to yours by accepting you into my memories and events. May you have connections like these that last in your heart, because that’s where it begins…

May you know confidence. May it speak in volumes tumbling off your lips with every word, or flow steadily like the river straight from your heart to where you need it the most. May it be in your thoughts, so that when people see you the light you radiate banishes all dark and touches them too. May you truly see the beauty of knowing confidence.

~*~

AND REMEMBER

Imagine a world where everyone feels loved and blessed by the presence of everyone else. Just imagine how beautiful such a world would be.

~Kate Nowak

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Muse...I needed that blessing today!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...