Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday's Musings

“A second quality of mature spirituality is kindness. It is based on a fundamental notion of self-acceptance.”~Jack Kornfield

Quote is taken from:
A Path with Heart

~*~*~*~*~*~

This weekend was nice, uneventful as far as drama goes and pleasantly surprising in other ways.

I had a wonderful talk this weekend with a special woman who really understood the way I was feeling without me having to say it at all. To that special woman, we’ll just call her Bella, I say thank you. You sparked in me the awakening of a hidden emotion, the acceptance of said emotion and the ability to being (hopefully) healing. Thank you Bella. (For those of you that don’t know Bella is Italian for beautiful, and this woman is all that and more.)

It seems lately that everyone is going through something. I know people’s parents who are very sick. Even my mother who NEVER gets sick got hit by the flu Mac Truck this weekend. Life is life and it continues on regardless of what people are going through. Sometimes you just want to shake your fist and say “ENOUGH!”. I am hoping and wishing for all of the folks in my life that are going through something that whatever it is speeds along...so that a return to peace can come soon.

As for me, I will be returning to work in the office at some point this month I think. My doctor’s appointment is the 26th and I believe that after that visit, I will get a return to work.. There are so many things I want to do in my life and not a single one of them is going back to what I had before. But I accept with some resignation, the fact that until something else takes it’s place or makes some change for me, that this is just the way it is.

I have come across some pleasantly nice surprises with regards to my opportunities lately. My credit score is higher than it has ever been and that gives me some opportunities I didn’t think I’d ever have. There is some consideration of possibly buying a house, or maybe even being able to get a student loan and get back into my education. While I can take these options, financially I need to be more secure to pay for those options. And that leaves me right where I am right now. It’s a vicious cycle.

In other news, I got my tivo and thanks to Kyle and Mrs. Virgo am happily recording many shows now. I’ve watched several episodes of Trading Spaces on TLC and am recording many others that I just never managed to catch. It’s fun being able to watch things without the commercials. Thanks to Kyle and Mrs. Virgo for a successful electronics 101 party on Friday ;)

While I write this blog, and have many thoughts, I still feel like I’m in some holding mode before something else brings me to where I need to be. Does that make sense?

Today is a new day… and life goes on.

~*~*~*~*~*~

WELL WISHES
I hope your Monday today is bright. Mine is grey and overcast, but that doesn’t mean the sun doesn’t shine in my heart. I send you my “sun" rays of light to guide you to a smile instead of a frown.

You are a blessing to me everyday.


~*~*~*~*~*~

AND REMEMBER
There is no mistaking love. You feel it in your heart. It is the common fiber of life, the flame of that heats our soul, energizes our spirit and supplies passion to our lives. It is our connection to God and to each other. ~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...