Friday, February 16, 2007

A celebration is underway


ok , so this one I can't claim this one as my own motivated success. There is a story behind tonights walk.

I have a new TiVo. I love the damn thing. I have been tivo'ing shows I never watched before! I've become a TiVo junkie...

Ok enough about my newfound addiction, the point is I Tivo'd Dr. Phil. Now let me tell you something that I think about his shows. I've heard so many good things about his show, but I never watched it until now. In my OPINION, his shows are from the few I've seen, just a new way for a therapist to tell people what they really need to be doing without the fluff. I don't think he's any miracle worker, I think he's someone who doesn't bullshit. That's the good news.

The bad news is that I think his show is still just like any other talk show, more about the ratings and the punch than anything else. Now that is my still forming opinion based on the few shows I've seen.

HOWEVER (yes there is a however), I watched a show today on morbidly obese people. They featured a 500lb woman and a man whose weight the doctor could only guesstimate in the 1,000lb range. I was both repulsed and saddened for these people. My sadness doesn't excuse their obesity, or their lack of initiative to try any means to lose weight. I know where these people are sometimes, I can identify with the depresison etc. But I couldn't help falling into the trap of shock.

The good news out of that show was immediately after viewing it, I went to my treadmill and walked. I saw myself on a scary road. We all need motivation and I suppose today my motivation was sparked by Dr. Phil. So here for the first (and possibly last time ever), you will see me say:Thank you Dr. Phil. You caused me to work out again and helped build my successful post today.

No jamba juice for this celebration, just lemon water and an orange later. Still sweet, but definitely within the calorie range ;)

That isn't the ONLY good news tonight. The really good news is that in one weeks time i've lost 7 more pounds!

Now THAT is reason to celebrate. So join me, send some love to me, to others, to yourselves, because my celebration tonight includes all of you. Just like little pixie dust floating about merrily, I sprinkle my happiness around and hope that it catches you all tonight :)

Much love,
Muse
~*~*~*~*~*~
Tonight's Stats
32.30 minutes
129 calories
40.5 fat grams
1.6 miles per hour
.80/mile

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really proud of you. No crash diets. No unhealthy diet pills. No gastro-bypass surgery. You're doing it the natural way and it's succeeding. You're an inspiration :)


Mr. Uber

Libra Moon said...

Yay for Today!!... go get'em Tomorrow!! I can feel you smiling... Keep Smiling!

Libra Moon

...and do visit with Kuan Gung at:
http://strider333.blogspot.com/
He offers Inspiration, Meditation and Light (I see he visited with you...)

...and do keep releasing through Creativity... it's therapy for the Soul

Suzie Ridler said...

What a wonderful attitude and isn't it great when inspiration finds us? I actually am a big fan of Dr. Phil, mostly because he isn't afraid to take on bullies but you're right, he isn't about fluff at all. He jumps right in and I think acts as a kind of wakeup all for people.

Way to go on all your successes!

Miss Robyn said...

hi xo thankyou for coming over and commenting ~ I am going to sit and read your blog a little later, I like it xo..
congratulations on being cancer free!! ~ me too :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Eee I am so happy for you! I love you!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...