Monday, June 19, 2006

Musings, considered...spam. Happy Monday to you too

So I come back to posting to finally figure out why I can't use Blogger for word anymore. It keeps giving me errors when I post. Now I know why, check it out folks... You tell me what you think. Is this blog spam? I think that's laughable at best. I wonder what criteria they use for this? Is it because I post 5 days a week not including weekends? Because I do not spam peoples comments like they have mine with ads to check their blog for watch sales...

Here's the note:

Your blog requires word verification
Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What's a spam blog?) Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and
we sincerely apologize for this false positive.
Before we can turn off mandatory word verification on your posts we'll need to have a human review your blog and verify that it is not a spam blog. Please fill out the form below to get a review. Find out more about how Blogger is fighting spam blogs.

And here is their definition of a spam blog:

What Are Spam Blogs?
As with many powerful tools, blogging services can be
both used and abused. The ease of creating and updating webpages with Blogger
has made it particularly prone to a form of behavior known as link
spamming
. Blogs engaged in this behavior are called spam blogs, and can be
recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a
large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site.
Spam blogs
cause various problems, beyond simply wasting a few seconds of your time when
you happen to come across one. They can clog up search engines, making it
difficult to find real content on the subjects that interest you. They may
scrape content from other sites on the web, using other people's writing to make
it look as though they have useful information of their own. And if an automated
system is creating spam posts at an extremely high rate, it can impact the speed
and quality of the service for other, legitimate users.

So now I have to wait for a human person at blogger to review my blog to determine what myself and my dedicated readers already know... that this blog isn't a spam blog. I'm a little irritated by this considering how many times I've gotten spammed in my comments from others. I do hope THEY are considered spam blogs. Because adding light to the world along with my own personal statements to me, doesn't seem to be spam. Though I suppose I could be wrong.

Yes,I've filled out the form for a human to review my blog, but somehow the whole thing just seems stupid to me, and really violates to me what the purpose of my blog is (Open, honest, intimate sharing of my thoughts and light for you all). Then again, maybe I'm just making too much out of nothing, and I should let my personal thoughts be considered spam and be up to a human review for publish-worthyness.

I'll sign off now before I sound even more ridiculous in my anger. I might be back today, but only if I can actually post something positive. though, maybe I should wait for a human to review it before I do so I can use the tools that BLOGGER GAVE ME, without incident.

/rant off

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Blogger staff member, do we look like spam to you?

A real person in Sydney, Australia, who reads this blog every day. EVERY day.

Hmmf!!!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...