Monday, June 12, 2006

Wine.. is good



This is the HIGHLY unusual weekend post. Not that it's anthing special per se, but that it's just unusual.

I've been seeking a means to do a few things:

1. back up this site in two formats. a) as a .pdf file so that I can have it electronically and b) as a text file that somehow captures all the images I've loaded and the comments people have posted with all the date headers and such (but minus the links) so I can publish my blog as a book.

Now I know, you're saying "But Why?". Well because I think given bloggers recently up and down history I'm not sure it will keep the archive of my life for me safely so I would like to just ensure somewhere I have a copy. That and even though it's not important to someone else, it is MY life, MY words and even MY poetry. Plus I do on occasion succumb to the little thing I have called EGO and would like to see my blog in print. Even if I'm the only one that enjoys it :P

That said we've discovered bloggers inability to load pictures with ease, and my inability to back up this site and as a result I've tried a new blogging service "Typepad". This one is a pay service and I would be willing to ante up a small amount for something that is reasonable. However the NOT user friendly means with which one has to create and modify the HTML of their templates has so filled me with frustration that I did the unthinkable... I opened a bottle of wine.

*GASP* I know, I know. Even after my adventure with the Reisling and wondering why I couldn't type (or see the keyboard too much after a few glasses) I finally decided to come back to the drawing board later.

Which I did, and I'm suprised and saddened to say, it wasn't my inebriated state that didn't allow for the HTML to work... in my opinion it was TypePad. So glass in hand after anothernights frustration trying to make it work I must say, I'm back on the tried and true blogger for a while.

And that folks means, I need something stronger tha wine tonight to deal with that assessment, yup yup... I need... sleep.

Nighty night all you wonderful folks.

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well if you need help tell me :P.

>:D<

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...