Thursday, June 01, 2006

Third Time's the charm (I know three posts in a day! O_O)

Well since I had such issues blogging today I figured after I had cooled down, laughed a little and had some chocolate... erm I mean received some elinghtenment, I thought I'd post again. This time this post is the content that's missing from my previous posts today :P

I LOVE the quote I've chosen today. Not only did a good friend give it to me, but I was able to find such a beautiful picture to go with it. It's a very good mix.

I've been busily cleaning out several rooms in my house and while I didn't get as much done last night as I wanted (turns out I had an unanticipated date with the couch, passing out there at 8:30pm), I still have cleaned out a TON. I'm moving on to the closet in my master bedroom and the closet in the second bedroom. I have to do this by this weekend so that I have as much garbage as possible ready to go because someone is coming over to take it ALLLLL out for me. *YIPEE!!*

What this means is I have been flooded recently with memories and images of things I hadn't even thought of in years. I've found drawings, writings, etc. Some good, some bad... some I wish I hadn't remembered.

We all have skeletons in our closets and even if those skeletons aren't ones WE made, they are remnants of things we experienced or shared or were a part of in some way. To go back and read the words I wrote as a 17 year old during a tumultuous time in my life sometimes makes me want to cry and other times makes me smile even with those tears. IN one of my private journals handwritten I state:

"I do not know what it is that makes me almost compelled to reach out and help others, but I just have to... Even if I'm rejected I've always felt this was what I was supposed to do...Isn't their smile worth it?"

For a time when I was 17 though, I was impacted tremendously by a series of events, the final event during this time being so impacting it nearly crippled me when I was just coming into my own. This particular event's echoes resound against my heart now, but thankfully they are just that, echoes. This skeleton is a permanent skeleton I'm afraid, but as it shakes is bones, it's hinges squeak with the rust forgottenness. Meaning, I know it's there, it's a part of me, but it doesn't affect me anymore. But reading about it again brings back the memories of just how much it affected me. Even though i am just reading the words with my adult eyes I can still hear my teenage voice speaking them.

I remember always wanting to be the strong one for people when they needed it; so much so that I often forgot about me and my needs. This was the downside of my love for people. The ability to forget myself came to easily to me and I often did forget about myself.

I can say however that at this critical time in my life, when I was 17 was a time when thankfully that when I fell people were there to hold me up. One person in particular stood out to me. She was my fighter when I couldn't yell, my shoulder when I just wanted to cry, and my heart when my spirit was broken feeding me love whenever I needed it.

Thank you mom, your help during that time was everything I needed. It's because of you that I am not crippled today over this. Thank you... *XO*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After all is said and done. very nice post and picture.

Just remember the "INTERNET" is the MOST unreliable network ever conceived.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...