Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Forget Me Not...




I have been so busy this morning I didn’t even get to post!

Well the latest update in my life is that I’m exhausted. I didn’t get to sleep until 2am last night and was up at 6am. I just barely made it into work today (THANK YOU AUSSIE_MALE for keeping me awake during my drive!). But I didn’t mind because it was for a good reason. And on top of it, I’ve been working on some online projects lately including volunteering for caringbridge.org. This organization helps families who are going through crises and provides a place for them to communicate to loved ones via the internet. I was so moved by this I immediately vounteeered my time and talents.

Which led to further discussion about the whole direction for Digital soup online. I have always envisioned this portion of my hopes etc to include a newsletter if people wanted it of inspiration. Well as of today The Blog for this page has been created and I’m looking for people to co-author, contribute stories, poetry, whatever is light, positive and loving. There is enough darkness in the world so my mission is to bring light to at least one damn corner of it! If you’re interested in co-authoring or just contributing email me using the email link on this page and we’ll talk!

This has kept me pretty busy the past two days (thank god) and BONUS because they’re things that make me happy too (internally happy, which as you know is different than surface happy). So today even though I’m tired and prone to irritability and/or depression I have a smile on my face.

There’s even talk of making Utopia Skye a non-for-profit organization! So much to think about and ponder.

Today I’ll leave this post as is minus the affirmations and instead put this in closure:

24 Things to Always Remember:

by: Bill Greer, Chicken Soup for the Veteran's Soul
Your presence is a present to the world.
You are unique and one of a kind.
Your life can be what you want it to be.
Take the days just one at a time.

Count your blessings, not your troubles.
You will make it through whatever comes along.
Within you are so many answers.
Understand, have courage, be strong.

Do not put limits on yourself.
So many dreams are waiting to be realized.
Decisions are too important to leave to chance.
Reach for your peak, your goal and you prize.

Nothing wastes more energy than worrying.
The longer one carries a problem the heavier it gets.
Do not take things too seriously.
Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.

Remember that a little love goes a long way.
Remember that a lot … goes forever.
Remember that friendship is a wise investment.
Life’s treasure are people together.

Realize that it is never too late.
Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Have hearth and hope and happiness.
Take the time to wish upon a start.

AND DO NOT EVER FORGET ….
FOR EVEN A DAY
HOW VERY SPECIAL YOU ARE !

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a fantastic series of good events in your life. You amaze me with your generosity! Thank you.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...