Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Dreaming...


"Your whole life is nothing but a dream. You live in a fantasy where everything you know about yourself is only true for you. Your truth is not the truth for anyone else." ~Don Miguel Ruiz - "The Mastery of Love"

Rule Seven - Others are only mirrors of you. You love or hate something about another person according to what love or hate about yourself. Be tolerant; accept others as they are, and strive for clarity of self-awareness; strive to truly understand and have an objective perception of your own self, your thoughts and feelings. Negative experiences are opportunities to heal the wounds that you carry. Support others, and by doing so you support yourself. Where you are unable to support others it is a sign that you are not adequately attending to your own needs.
~Cherie Carter ScottRules of Life
Pay attention to your own needs so you can efficiently help others.

100 Ways to Be Happy and Feel Good...
1. Never put yourself last.
4. Count your blessings every day.
5. Acknowledge your successes along with your downfalls.
6. Burn the candle that has been in storage for the last two years.
8. Remember, the voice telling you that you cannot do something is always lying.
*****

The first quote today is one that a lot of people don’t get. I know I sometimes forget this. Even today as I sit here typing this I have to wrap my mind around it, even though the meaning may seem simple to others. I really like Don Miguel Ruiz’s thought process. His books are very refreshing and if you have a chance you should look into them.

Today, I’m tired … again. I fell asleep early but then woke up and couldn’t sleep soundly for a while. I think that I may have to start sleeping in the living room, not only because I’m apparently more comfortable sleeping there now, but also the air conditioner in the bedroom is broken. It wont turn on now and I cannot sleep at all with heat. I had to choose one air conditioner to be fixed because my landlord says they can’t afford to fix both (yet they’ve increased my rent…). Before it broke, I had chosen the living room one to be repaired because it had the most space to cover and cool. I leave that one sometimes 24/7. The bedroom one generally only gets turned on at night. So now, I’m only getting one air conditioner and the other which was working is now broken. I hate window air conditioning. I know it’s more expensive if central air breaks down, but window air conditioning is not an effective means of cooling space.

I have to move next year. And I’ve decided that if in a years time (technically to April because I have to plan in advance for moving arrangements and such) I can’t find another job here, then coinciding with another big decision for myself, I will move out of state in the hopes of restarting my life elsewhere. I know that sounds wrong moving without a job, but if I can’t get one here, and have the means to start over elsewhere without too much danger, then I think I should take it. I’ve never taken a big risk in my life and coming in April I will have to decide on two big risks. One would be moving, the other only a very few know about as it’s a very private very big decision.

Even though I get mired down in stagnation, I am of enough awareness to realize that I won’t be like this the rest of my life (hopefully). I know something needs to be done. I hope that continually re-evaluating where I am in life will help me stay focused on where I need to go.
*****

I sat on my deck for the first time since I’ve moved in here, two days ago. It was wonderful. I just sat and listened to the wind as it whispered around my ear blowing through my hair. Then when it began to lightly rain a FULL rainbow made me smile. I took some digital pics of it, but I’m not sure they came out. If they did, I’ll post them. The rainbow disappeared as they sky became gray with clouds, but then it came back a brilliant orange-ish red tint to all its colors. It was breathtaking. I’ve spent so much time indoors sometimes that I wonder how many such lovely rainbows I’ve missed.

I’ll have to incorporate some time on my deck now that the weather is nice and the deck is brand new.

*****
The 4th of July promises to herald a very good fireworks show. The city of Aurora always does a wonderful job and even more wonderful is that it is directly across the street from my house. I never have to leave, wander among crowds, brave bugs, find parking, seating etc. I have front row seats and for the second time since being here (yes I braved the old deck the very first weekend I moved in to view the fireworks) I will sit on the deck with a bottle of Shiraz and toast to independence. I may or may not have company, we shall see. But in any event I will celebrate the fact that people fought for our freedom back when there weren’t things like computers to give people voices as they sit behind machines. Freedom that came when people rose up and said ENOUGH. Maybe I can use this for myself and say ENOUGH.

Have a beautiful day everyone!

*****
DAILY INSPIRATIONS

Check em out at Digital Soup Online; The Blog. Feel free to contribute or not, comment, or not. Maybe just maybe we can bring some more light into this world. You decide...

*****
BLESSINGS & WISHES

~For Mrs. Virgo: you’re in my thoughts as always. Have a wonderful restful day.
~For Mrs. B in AZ: I miss you. I hope you’re well today.
~For Blog Dog: I’m glad your blog and mine have met :D I wish you a day of smiles.
~For Kelli: Thank you for continually reading my blog, I hope you have a beautiful day full of sunshine.
~For Aussie_male: You’re also always on my mind. Have a day full of peace.
~For Jules: Welcome back and know you were missed even by us bloggers ;). I wish you smiles all day today
~For Cray: I hope your summer gets better for you. I’m sending lots of love your way
~For Kami: I miss you. It seems like so suddenly the summer and the advent of your leaving for most of it is already here. You are always in my heart. I’m sending you hugs today.
~For Mr. Uber: I hope you have a day of smiles today as well. You’re being thought of.
~For Mr. Quiet Strength: I think of you often and send you well wishes every second I think of you. Today may you be happy all day.
~For Shaun: You are so close to my heart that I can’t help but love you every second I think of you too. I send you and your whole family love and digital hugs. Tell your dad I said thanks for letting me barge in and wish him a happy father’s day even though he’s not my father.

~For everyone else that may read this that isn’t specifically mentioned: As you know I think of so many people throughout the day. So many faces come to mind, so many memories. It may seem lame to wish everyone a beautiful day, or a hug or smiles but I really do wish that for everyone. For those who aren’t specifically mentioned but are in my heart, I wish you whispers of balmy breezes of peace. I wish you bright stars at night and deep restful sleep to carry you through to the next day.

XO

*****
AND REMEMBER

"The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you."
~John E. Southard

Today make it your primary goal to get even. Get even with all those who have given you a smile, or a kind word, or a reason for laughter. Get even with those who have made your day brighter, your load lighter, or the taste of life sweeter. Don't narrow your focus, either, but let your getting even be a universal act, passing along all the bits of goodness you've received to every person who crosses your path. That'll show 'em.

Courtesy of Kate Nowak; One Million Blessings Project

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I notice that I am most frustrated with my kids when I see in them what I am working so hard to squelch in myself, so I get that first quote and take it as a reminder to love them for being like me!

What a beautiful rainbow moment you experienced *deep sigh* I love them too...visiting your blog is often a rainbow moment for me :)

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...