Thursday, August 24, 2006

Citrus Martinis and White Velvet Sands

She sat on the beach, the chair she rested in holding her close. Occasional breezes rustled through the fringe on the lower part of the umbrella above her head. She held a martini glass in her hand absentmindedly, and when she stared out over the sapphire waters, she could almost see the individual sapphire stones that gave the water such crystal perfect color.

She sat alone with her thoughts while she waited for her friend to return. The book left haphazardly open but face down offered truth to her about personal success but she didn’t care anymore. She just wanted to be in the balmy breeze with her drink, her friend and the sapphires.

Leaning back into the chair the embrace close enough that a lover might be jealous, she pondered recent events. While she had no hard truths, no cold facts of which she could rest her heavy heart, she wondered what was next. She was a planner, always was, but she couldn’t plan for this turn of events. And as she had done in the past, when she couldn’t plan…she went to her sanctuary which always led to her friend’s beach. Sipping the cool drink that tasted strangely like citrus water instead of liquor she peered around her swiveling her head from left to right slowly taking it all in.

This wasn’t her sanctuary; though it had been gifted to her. Strangely enough when things got at their worst she found she walked through her own sanctuary of lush green fields and forests, heading straight to the door that led to this place. The beach for miles was a white vast blanket of peaceful nothing. The air that languidly moved about was a smooth cooling touch to her warmed flesh. The water danced with the shore quietly making a gentle lapping noise and occasionally seagulls and various birds flew overhead their cries gentle & subtle instead of annoying.

Somewhere in the background she could hear people talking, though she knew with a dreamlike indifference that they were not in the present place. Only those she allowed in could ever see this place. But she knew what they spoke of in quiet whispers. She understood that direction hung in the balance as it waited for fact to present itself. The direction, possibilities and potential issues are what propelled her here to this sanctuary. She didn’t want to hear anymore…so she came to where it was quiet.

While she waited, she pondered, she mused, and devoid of the panic in that other life that had settled deeply in her bones, she thought quietly of what life had in store for her next.

In the dreamlike fragments of time, soon sleep came, whispering its words of comfort to her. The enveloping bliss was all too easy to slip into and for a few merciful hours, her glass unfinished on the table, book left turned over, she slept in peace.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I love to write. I don’t always do it well but I love to do it. Writing like singing is my expression of my soul. I wish that I had the eloquence and literary genius as some do to speak in such tones that I lull you into the world I create with ease. Some folks have a magic about their words that drapes you in its perfection without you even knowing you had left reality. Still some writers carry you slowly into their world but once there you wonder how you ever lived without it.

I am none of them (at least I think). But I DO write with passion. Every…single…thing I’ve ever written was written with passion; even the above little story. Anything I write is taken from real life experiences and translated into something more palatable sometimes or more embellished in other cases.

The above is intended to reflect the discord in which I find myself today waiting for results that may be nothing (well a little something), but could be much more than that. So I think today while I wait, and Saturday when I go to the hospital for MORE testing, and next week when I finally get the results back, I’ll write as much as possible and let my spirit run free…

Thanks for reading today. I’m glad to write it out and have a place to express it, but I am also equally glad to share it with others.

~*~*~*~*~*~
DAILY INSPIRATION

You are thought of, cared for, and given well wishes today just like any other day. You are already special to me…

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER:

“The most important lesson that man can learn from his life is not that there is pain in this world, but that it depends upon him to turn it into good account, that it is possible for him to transmute it into joy.” ~Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941)

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...