Monday, August 28, 2006

Short, Inspirational - Monday musings...

"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."  ~George Bernard Shaw

“Most people focus on doing things as the way to make a difference. What they don't realize is that the most powerful way to make a difference doesn't require you to actually do anything at all!  You start by changing YOUR world; you end up changing THE world.  ~Aman Motwane

“Life begins in a welter of conditions; mere reactions to these conditions forge limitations; awareness of and conscious response to conditions produces freedom. This clarity regarding my choices enables me to return from sitting to action as a more focused, concentrated vector of knowing, empathetic life.”  ~Paul R. Fleischman, M.D. ; Quote is taken from page 21 of: Karma and Chaos

Today's Affirmation
A positive attitude today will enhance the value of every experience.

~*~*~*~*~*~
This past weekend was short, but it was nice.  I had a great breakfast with a friend, a lot of conversations with people; both near and far, and wine and chocolates (in moderation ;) on Sunday.  Not too much of anything spectacular happening… no earth shattering event that leaves me stunned…

But I *hope* to have the test results back today.  

So other than a prayerful morning, brightened even more by the happiness of a half day at work (even though I’m going to a doctors appointment it means I wont be at work so that makes me happy) I have nothing truly important to report.

Oh! I do want to apologize to Barbara!  I should have told you that I do not post in any of my four blogs (yes, 4! :P) on the weekends.  I only post during the week.  I am so sorry for any worry I’ve caused you.  

Have a wonderful day friends and send me some prayers if you do that sort of thing.  If not, then good intentions will be just as perfect.

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!

~*~*~*~*~*~
DAILY INSPIRATION

Working Through
Hard Days

We all have days that seem endlessly difficult and hard. On these days, it is as if the odds are stacked against us and we just can't get a break as one challenging situation follows another. We may feel like we're standing in the ocean getting hit by wave after wave, never able to get a full breath. Sometimes it's necessary or worth it to stay in the fray and work our way through. Other times, the best idea is to go home and take the breath we need in order to carry on.

If the only choice is to get through it, a hard day can be a great teacher. It will eventually end and we can look back on it, taking pride in the stamina, courage, and ingenuity it took to hold our ground. We may also look back and see how we could have done things differently. This knowledge will be valuable when we face hard days in the future. Trust your gut as you're deciding whether to work through it, and know that sometimes a timely retreat is the best way to ensure a positive outcome. Getting space can remind us that external circumstances are not the whole picture. Once we catch our breath and re-center ourselves, we will be able to determine our next move. With a little perspective, we may even find the inner resources to change our attitude about what's happening. We may begin to see that what we saw as hardships are actually opportunities. As our attitude changes for the better, our actions and the circumstances will follow suit.

Sometimes all that's needed is a good night's sleep. No one is immune to having a hard day and these are usually the times we can learn the most. If we can find it in our hearts to examine the day, and maybe make one small change in perception, we can ease our pain and greet the next day that much wiser.

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER
"Living the truth in your heart without compromise brings kindness into the world. Attempts at kindness that compromise your heart cause only sadness."  ~Anonymous 18th century monk

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...