Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Serenity Shared (For Poetry Thursday, a Reprisal of an old poem of mine)

Serenity Shared
I had a dream of crystal blue waters
Cool to the touch
Warm grains of sand running through my fingers
Warmth of love and joy

Shared with you

Under the umbrella we sit
Time knowing no home in our sharing
In our realm of peace
The place we call home in our hearts

Known already by us

Glasses clink merrily against the backdrop of trees
And laughter is heard
The private joke
Twinkling in our eyes

Together we sit

The setting sun washing the sky in colors so vivid
We are moved in quiet repose
Thankful for energy of each other
Silently wishing on that very sunset

That this moment will never end

The stars twinkle brightly against the dark sky
In hushed tones we share secrets
Share private space
And complete our day by ending it the way we began

Together in love

©SKW

I needed this prettiness today. My day hasn't been the best so this was fitting for me :)

5 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

You've managed to create a light-filled magickal poem during a dark day, this is no small feat.

I'm so happy to have discovered your blog, it's always amazing to meet another enchanted soul.

Katrina said...

This is a wonderful poem. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

this poem took me back to a christmas day i shared with my three best friends a few years ago. it was a beautiful sunny day (i live in nz, so it's our summer), we walked to a small secluded bay. we had our friends two dogs with us. we spent the most magical day on that beach, then sat silently watching the sun go down, tears streaming down our faces. thanks for the poem the triggered such a great memory for me.

The Muse said...

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments. I suppose in some ways I'm still the timid poet, afraid to post anything because I just do not think it's worth much since it's the ramblings of my heart.

Thanks again everyone :) I am glad that you have enjoyed your time while at my blog. Have a great day!

Muse

michelle said...

Lovely, lovely writing. I know that feeling oh so well...
Also, I love the quiet sounds that run through the poem (the glasses clinking, the hushed tones).

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...