Monday, August 07, 2006

Exorcisms, 5 things, and listening quietly ;)

If a dog were your teacher... Author Unknown ~ Digital Soup Online; the Blog
**********
“Love is in you.
Go inward.
Play with The Creator.
The Creator is waiting for you with Love.”
~Chalanda Sai Ma

The Quiet Listeners
by Laura Foley
Go into the woods
and tell your storyto the trees.
They are wise
standing in their folds of silence
among white crystals of rock
and dying limbs.
And they have time.
Time for the swaying of leaves,
the floating down,the dust.
They have time for gathering
and holding the earth about their feet.
Do this.
It is something I have learned.
How they will bend down to you
so softly.
They will bend down to you and listen.

**********
I saw 3/4 of the movie The Exorcism of Emily Rose this weekend. I watched it initially because the lead character is played by Jennifer Carpenter from the movie White Chicks. (I know, White Chicks wasn't a blockbuster winner, but I thought she did well with what she had.) In any event, the movie about Emily Rose was very nicely done I thought. I'll have to watch it again so I can see it from the beginning, but it was very creepy, detailed, and honest, anmd interesting. Why do I mention it here? Well because I can :)
This weekend was not without it's events, but for the most part, it was just a weekend. I've discovered some things about me, and kept chipping away at the mystery that surrounds a lot of who I am and what I like, and made some startling discoveries. I feel so much like part Indiana Jones (but the sexy female version) stumbling on treasures and taking on missions to FIND more treasures with great risk; and part Seer seeking blindly with only instinct and supernatural guidance to find the answers to a great puzzle.

In any event, I find my inspiration lacking this morning so because I have no words of wisdom, no message to totally rock and shake you to the core... I'll post this instead:
So I was tagged by Kelli at Kelli’s Musings. So here is my post from that tagging ;)

Five items in my freezer:
1. Freezer Burned Chicken breasts
2. Peppermint Ice Cream from Oberweiss
3. Frozen Spinach
4. Ice Packs for injuries :P
5. ice cubes

Five items in my closet:
1. 7 Rubbermaid Containers of all my candles and holders
2. a suitcase
3. My first place trophy from Senior Year of high school, singing in a contest
4. a step ladder
5. Madonna’s Book “Sex” which for some reason I STILL have. One of the controversial things I bought when I lived home and was rebelling. And go me! It’s out of print so I own a piece of history, woohoo!

Five items in the car:
1.Bank Deposit slips
2. a purse someone gave me free
3. a winter jacket, a remnant from last year
4. TONS of music CD’s
5. My Insurance card

Five items in my backpack:
(I don’t carry a backpack either…neither does Kelli, but I will tell you what’s in my purse instead)
1. My wallet
2. My keys
3. various pens
4. Light musk body splash
5. various tiny letters I’ve received from people that came with gifts or just because… (i.e. from my birthday last year a note from Mr. Uber stating among other things not disclosed here, “…how wonderful you are to me and everyone you meet.” Or from October of last year when my car windshield was smashed a note from Shaun and his family as they sent me orange truffles “Trick or treat and lets hope no more tricks!”)

Five people I am tagging:
1. Mrs. Virgo
2. Mrs. B in AZ
3. Kelli (yup a tag back!)
4. Blog Dog (but he’s not back yet, so this will have to be an I.O.U. tag :P
5. E-Musings

**********
WELL WISHES, INTENTIONS, and BLESSINGS

My wish for you all today is that the Monday blues do not find you. Instead the glow of Friday (or whatever day you find happiest) envelope you and provide you with enough brightness to cast away the blues.

XO

**********
AND REMEMBER:

"Go forth into the busy world and love it. Interest yourself in its life; mingle with its joys and sorrows." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You asked for it...lol!
freezer:
Corn
Hot dogs
Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream
Butter
A turkey

Closet:
Old pictures
Shoes
Wedding dress
Christmas gifts I've already started buying
Easter decorations I never use

Car:
Music cds
Umbrella I never need because it never rains here!
box of kleenex
Insurance card
ATM deposit envelopes

Purse:
Checkbook
Pictures of my kids
Worry stone
Mechanical pencil w/ no lead
gum

Anonymous said...

I hope to see this meme posted by our favorite dog at some point :)

I love Oberweiss icecream - can't get it where I live now!

Anonymous said...

What else do you have in your freezer? dead bodies of neighbors? kidneys for the black market? You can tell us, we love you. :)


It's so sweet that you carry me around in your purse, thank you. :)

Mr. Uber

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...