Monday, August 28, 2006

Update

I don't know how to write this.

I post this here because it's my place to be honest. I've been a litle not honest here by trying very hard to only post happy things as a lot of people (more than 3) come to read this. It's important to me that when people read about me or share in my life that they do not share in the depression that weighs me down quite a bit. So I post inspirations. It's therapeutic for me too in that it helps me keep positive when sometimes I get a bit down. I don't know how else to write this except to write it bluntly with as much emotion as I feel and right now, that emotion is sadness.

My biopsy results came back... I have cancer.

For those of you I've kept fairly in the dark about this, just know the official diagnosis is
Endometrial Cancer. I know it's the most common type of cancer and I know that treatment if caught early and prognosis if caught early is good... but I'm scared.

I'm scared because for many years at the end of my marriage when I started to notice some abnormality with my female body I ignored it as stress, weight gain, sad heart over my failed marriage. So my fear is that it has progressed more than is treateable or will mean intense treatments.

I haven't seen the oncologist yet, i *JUST* found out about two hours ago...but I know my life is changed.

More perhaps later... but for now, whatever god, goddess, universal deity or energy you worship, please offer up a prayer for me.

Thanks

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always in my thoughts and prayers. You are a shining light in my life, giving me your strength to get through my tough times. Know that I love you and I would do ANYTHING within my power for you.

Anonymous said...

I love you and I hope everything works out for the best. If there is anything at all that I can do to help you, all you need to do is ask. You're stronger than you think you are, and I believe you are up to this challenge.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
You're in my prayers already. Whatever has to be done to beat this, we can do it.

Aussie_Male

Anonymous said...

I dont know your name, I dont know your age or what even you look like. But none of these things matter. What matters to me is that you know I Appreciate you for what and who you are. I have faith that a wonderfull being such as yourself would not be so suddenly removed from our undeserving planet but i will offer up my prayers as often as i can. may fortune smile upon you as you so deserve.

Anonymous said...

Cal,
You know that I'm always here for you, all you have to do is ask. You're asking for my prayers, and so you'll receive them as always <3. I just want you to be okay, and know that your friends and family, even if not blood related, are always thinking about you and wishing you the best.

I love you.

Kelli said...

Hi there.
I'm so sorry to hear this. Really, really sorry. I know life seems like it can change in an instant and it's scary.
Of course you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.

Anonymous said...

*hugs you tightly* The pain of your news has choked the words from me...but that is only temporary. My prayer for you is that illness is choked out by the love surrounding you and your life is only touched by it for a moment when compared too the long years of goodness ahead of you.
ADOBE

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...