Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Immortal Song

I may not be able to post an entry tomorrow. I will be going through some tests. So here instead is the post I would have written tomorrow should I not get the time before the tests begin. It is a prayer, because I need it, a whole lot of people need it, and we should all be willing to offer it if we have compassion...


May the sacred stream of amity flow forever into my heart.
May the universe prosper, such is my cherished desire.
May my heart sing with ecstasy at the sight of the virtuous,
And may my life be an offering at their feet.

May my heart bleed at the sight of the wretched, the cruel, the irreligious,
And may tears of compassion flow from my eyes.
May I always be there to show the path to pathless wanderers of life.
Yet if they should not call to me, may i bide in patience.
May the spirit of goodwill enter all our hearts,
An may we all sing in chorus the immortal song of human concord.

From the Little Giant Encyclopedia of Meditations & Blessings.

May you be blessed today.

~Muse

(As posted in Digital Soup Online; the Blog)

1 comment:

AscenderRisesAbove said...

those stairs really look intriguing. I would like to visit a place like that!!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...