Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Instant Gratification



"...We demand instant communication, instant coverage of world events, instant gratification, instant wealth, and even instant relationships. Ultimately, even fast food isn't fast enough-we want instant food. What is lost in our fast-paced society is depth. What is lost is not only the chance to reflect on our stories, but even the thought that we should want to reflect on them. In turn, what is lost is wisdom."
~Earnie Larsen

**********
The above quote is so true...I'm guilty of this behavior too. I always joked that I was an instant gratification type person, but it was true. When I want something I want it now. It's the same with other things I want, like a new job, my dreams to come true etc.

Speaking of jobs it's been a long time since I ranted about the place I'm at. As of January this year, I decided that I would try to not perpetuate negativity in this blog over things like that, but I would strive for a balance of honesty and realism as well as lightness. I think I've done pretty well for that considering the place I work at is just awful.

All that aside, it is time for me to move on. Truly, time for me to move on... There are so many reasons why but to list them here would just be rehashing what those who are near me (geographically) already hear. The point is, bottom line, I HAVE to get out of here as quick as possible.

If you have it in you today, and everyday, please send me some prayers about this. I'm nervous for the whole interview process (not that I can't interview, I'm damn good at it actually), the whole "new job" thing, and finding a place that's good that allows me to excel at what I already do.

Also send me some prayers on health...apparently I need them ;)

We can never have enough prayer & good intentions.

XO

**********
WELL WISHES, BLESSINGS, and INTENTIONS

Today's blessing is a Celtic one. I thought is was approporiate for all of you wonderful people.

A Celtic Blessing
May the light of your soul guide you.
May the light of your soul bless the work that you do
with the secret love and warmth of your heart.
May you see in what you do the beauty of your own soul.
May the sacredness of your work bring healing,
light and renewal to those who work with you
and to those who see and receive your work.
May your work never weary you.
May it release within you wellsprings of refreshment,
inspiration and excitement.
May you be present in what you do.
May you never become lost in bland absences.
May the day never burden.
May dawn find you awake and alert,
approaching your new day with dreams,
possibilities and promises.
May evening find you gracious and fulfilled.
May you go into the night blessed, sheltered
and protected.
May your soul calm, console and renew you.



**********
AND REMEMBER:

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It's what sunflowers do.
~ Helen Keller

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...