Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Message of Time (For my Poetry Thursday submission on time)

Time so precious rings in my ears
Each tick deafening
Each tock silencing
Measured by my breaths
I hear each heartbeat
Steady, marching, consistent
I wonder with curiosity how long it has
When the thief of life comes stealthily in
Will I have enough time?

Each day we go about our lives
Unaware, perhaps ignorant
It can’t happen to me! Some say…
But the thief of life cares not who you are
It has no knowledge of your accomplishments
Are you listening?
Tick, tock goes the clock
Be grateful for each moment
View it as the gift you get everyday

Complete with the wrapping of angels
Handed down to you with love
The thief of life cannot compete with it
The light within
The one defense our souls have
Is love
Hold it tight…
Wield it with ferocity
And share with all who will listen.

©SKW

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...