Friday, August 04, 2006

Humility

Let Yourself Be Carried
The Flow of The Universe

The flow of the universe moves through everything. It's in the rocks that form, get pounded into dust, and are blown away. It is the blossoming of a flower born from a seed planted in the spring. The growth cycle that every human being goes through is part of this natural flow. The current that takes us down life's paths is this flow. When we move with it, rather than resisting, we are riding on the universal current that allows us to flow with life.

Many people live their lives struggling against this current. They try to use force or resistance to will their lives into happening the way they think it should. Others move with this flow like a sailor using the wind, trusting that the universe is taking them exactly where they need to be at all times. This flow is accessible to everyone because it moves through and around us. We are always riding this flow. It's just a matter of whether we are willing to go with it or resist it. Choosing to go with the flow is often a matter of letting go of the notion that we need to be in control at all times. The flow is always taking you where you need to go. It's just a matter of deciding whether you plan on taking the ride or having it take you there with you dragging your feet.

Learning to step into the flow can help you feel a connection to a force that is greater than you and is always there to support you. The decision to go with the flow can take courage because you are surrendering the notion that you need to do everything by yourself. Riding the flow of the universe can be effortless, exhilarating, and not like anything you ever expected. When you are open to being in this flow, you open yourself to possibilities that exist beyond the grasp of your control. As a child, you were naturally swept by the flow. Tears of sadness falling down your face could just as quickly turn to tears of laughter. Just the tiniest wave carrying you forward off the shores of the ocean could carry you into peals of delight. Our souls feel good when we go with the flow of the universe. All we have to do is make the choice to ride its currents.

Courtesy of DailyOm

**********

Today’s quote I actually went on the internet to look specifically for.  I’m guilty of always going against the grain.  I want something so bad, I think I need something, or whatever...  So I push when everything else is pulling, and pull when I’m told to push because “I KNOW THE WAY”.  I don’t do this all the time.  But I do it enough that when life throws something at you saying “hey, just wait a god damn minute here, I’m the one in charge”.  I’m sitting here stunned like…Wow.

Today I’m left with a humble sense of the fact that life sometimes, the universe sometimes, and even divinity sometimes throws us into situations because we need to stop thinking we are “all that” and realize that no matter what, everything can change.
I don’t subscribe entirely to the philosophy that our fate is decided by another, but I do believe that sometimes we need to be stopped from our forward motion and reminded that life is a precarious balance between forward growth and momentum, as well as the stopping to enjoy it; and that if either one of those two extremes is too…well, extreme, then life steps in and slows you down to remind you of this lesson.  

I await more testing based on yesterday’s tests.  While the results of this test can have anything from the easiest to manage of results, to the most drastic (as explained by a nurse who was probably a bit TOO proactive in telling me ALL the things that COULD be wrong with me) they have nevertheless left me a bit humbled and scared.

At various points in my life, I’ve had my eyes opened to the “real world”.  The one that goes on around you as you move about your life.  Some people may think they see this world, but really they don’t.  It’s a world of possibilities, a world of awareness, a world of constant awakenings and truths.  Jessie was very good at keeping me in this zone.  Just by knowing her I was aware all the time.  

Well in the last two years since her passing, I was blinded again.  Yesterday I was awakened.  Today’s post, this one in particular, is my witnessing to myself as a reminder that we should all respect life, and the tenuous grasp we have on it for the beautiful thing it is.  Because even if you do not get sick, or have it taken from you, at any time you CAN suffer, and you CAN lose it.  Life itself is more a gift than any gift I have known.  

Today I pay my respects to those forces around me that have more control over my little light in this world than I give them credit for.  I respect you, and yes… I’ve begun again praying in your honor.  You can never have too much prayer.

~Muse

**********
WELL WISHES, BLESSINGS, and INTENTIONS

“Help me to adapt to change gracefully, so I can always grow and learn.”

That is today’s wish for you all.  When you see with clarity hopefully you will be able to adapt and recognize what you see.  When you are fraught with life’s hurries and things, may you have the gift of this vision.  When you no longer have this vision, may you remember the sweetness of the door opening and the blinders falling from your eyes so that when you need it again, it is there to guide you.  

Much love to everyone, including those who’re just visiting this place today for the first time.  You are loved too…

XO

**********
AND REMEMBER:

When you have once seen the glow of happiness on the face of a beloved person, you know that a man can have no vocation but to awaken that light on the faces surrounding him; and you are torn by the thought of the unhappiness and night you cast, by the mere fact of living, in the hearts you encounter.

~Albert Camus

**********

Special thanks today to Aussie_Male.  For all you already know, for who you are, and what you do for & with me.  I am grateful for all my friends but this morning, my heart is grateful in particular to you this very second for reasons you already know.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. you're very welcome. :-)

Lisa said...

Would that we all stand humbled and awed by the many gifts we have just by being alive. Thank you for the reminder. You will be in my prayers!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...