Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday's child was happy... And so was I :)

This morning on your way to work (or when you first get up if on a weekend) say a prayer of thanks for those friends in your sacred heart.  Send them love and pink light to guide their day.

Today, write a poem about you as if you were someone else.  This MUST be a poem of light, pinpointing your beauty by any means, works, physical appearance etc.  Do not be afraid to recognize your worth.  

Take one whole hour for yourself. Do something purely for you… to relax. Don't worry about anything you think you need to do. For one hour, take yourself out of the world & relax. Set a timer so you don't even have to watch the clock. ~Shaun
~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow, all three today are ones either I made, or that people gave to me.  Shows you where I am these days.  And if you don’t know, sometimes I wander in the swamp of despair with the issues I have going on.  Sometimes I wander in the frenzied time riddled abyss of never having enough time to do it all.  And still sometimes, very small amounts of time, I reside in my sanctuary where I should be a LOT more.  Each of these quotes addresses some thing about me today personally.  

On my way to work I said a prayer of thanks for all of the people I am blessed to have as friends.  These past 3 years have seen me need to rely heavily on some friends both offline and online and those very special friends have really been there.  No matter how life gets me down, I always try to not be blinded by feeling alone (even though it happens sometimes) because I’m so very blessed for those who have without question or fail been there to help me.  I’ve had to swallow my pride on numerous occasions and accept the help that years ago I would have scoffed at.  I’ve always been very independent but I’ve just not been this way for the past three years… My point in this discussion is that I do not want a SINGLE day to go by where I don’t acknowledge the wonderful people in my life.  I may get angry at some things, I may get sidetracked by a current emotion, but underneath all of the journeys that we have, I recognize what a beautiful wonderful friend I have in many people.  I want to remain humble in this blessing; because I know “true” friends ARE a blessing.  

Let my heart sing to yours
I’ll reach across the shore just to touch you
So you know you’re not alone

Let me infuse you with joy
So you can soar high above all your troubles
And know beauty

Allow me to know you
I’ll handle your spirit with care and love
So you can feel comfort

Listen to my words
Let them express themselves to you
Blooming like spring flowers in your garden

This is me.  This is all I am.  

(my poem for affirmation #2.  Not my best, but in a nutshell that’s what I want to do for people)

As far as the third affirmation, I will Shaun.  I will take a whole hour this weekend and read, take a long bath, make some tea and meditate, workout, or whatever.  My body and spirit need refreshing, replenishing, so that I can fight the good fight again.

So today, Friday, may you all have a VERY joyous day!

Xo

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES, BLESSINGS and INTENTIONS
Today’s blessing is a Buddhist one.  May it comfort you if you need it, bring peace to you if you don’t, and keep you well no matter what.  XO

Traditional Buddhist Blessing and Healing Chant
Just as the soft rains fill the streams,
Pour into the rivers and join together in the oceans, 
So may the power of every moment of your goodness 
Flow forth to awaken and heal all beings, 
Those here now, those gone before, those yet to come.

By the power of every moment of your goodness 
May your heart's wishes be soon fulfilled,
As completely shining as the bright full moon, 
As magically as by a wish-fulfilling gem.

By the power of every moment of your goodness 
May all dangers be averted and all disease be gone. 
May no obstacle come across your way. 
May you enjoy fulfillment and long life.

For all in whose heart dwells respect, 
Who follow the wisdom and compassion, of the way, 
May your life prosper in the four blessings, 
Of old age, beauty, happiness and strength.

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER:
It's always darkest before the dawn.  So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...