Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wednesday Quotes

1 - Be impeccable with your word - Speak w/ integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
2 - Don’t take anything personally - Nothing others do is because of you. What others say & do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions & actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3 - Don’t make assumptions - Find the courage to ask questions & to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness & drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4 - Always do your best - Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best & you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse & regret.
Don Miguel Ruiz – The Four Agreements




Rule Seven - Others are only mirrors of you. You love or hate something about another person according to what love or hate about yourself. Be tolerant; accept others as they are, and strive for clarity of self-awareness; strive to truly understand and have an objective perception of your own self, your thoughts and feelings. Negative experiences are opportunities to heal the wounds that you carry. Support others, and by doing so you support yourself. Where you are unable to support others it is a sign that you are not adequately attending to your own needs.
~Cherie Carter Scott – Rules of Life

Pay attention to your own needs so you can efficiently help others.



"Life is not the body; it is not the mind; it is not the soul. It is a force" ~Don Miguel Ruiz –
The Mastery of Love"

**********

I’ve rewritten this blog post four times already, so I figure it’s better to just leave it alone as is. I have picked some wonderful quotes today so I’ll leave those up for you to enjoy.

Have a beautiful day!
Muse

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love #2. That has always been something difficult for me to remember.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Your best will vary from moment to moment...sometimes just surviving is really doing the best you can do in the moment. I think I need to work on #3 - I hate drama ;-)

Have a good day Muse!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...