Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Happiness in Dreams & Poetry

“Two roads diverged in a wood,
and I - I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.”
~Robert Frost

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary. ~Pablo Picasso

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

~*~*~*~*~*~

I wrote a poem today for Poetry Thursday.  I contribute monthly to this blog.  It’s a wonderful thing to be able to share and read poetry from authors all over the world.  

The piece I wrote was one written this morning and includes things I had thought of on my way into the office today.  But even though I’m my own worst critic, I have to say even still, I could have probably done better.  I love the message of the piece don’t get me wrong, but it’s just not saying what I wanted it to as eloquently as it could.  Anyway, I would welcome critiques (it’s ok to tell me it rocks too! :P)

I am truly blessed today for so many people that inspire me in my life.  Particularly two people I want to mention this morning.  Mrs. Virgo and BB in New York (referred to her before as Shauns Barbara :P).  Man these two really know how to light up your soul and put fire into your words.

I’ve been so mired down in health issues as of late I can see how it’s easy to lose sight of life and goals and what not.  An update (if you’re interested) on the health end.  I do not have diabetes, and kidney and liver functions are normal (yay!).  The bad news is my white blood cell count is still high and some inflammatory tests came back abnormal.  So I have some more testing to do.  It kills me to think of the costs of this…  I have no insurance.  I wont get on that right now.

Anyway, even though I have all this going on about me, I’ve decided to focus on the positive again.  As you saw yesterday I spoke of school, and as of today I’ve *almost* got it narrowed down.  I’ve decided that if I go the traditional MSW (Masters Social Work) route, the only reason I’d be doing so is to have behind me the credibility that people who are not used to or do not like change, would need to accept me.  That defeats the whole reason I’m IN school to begin with.  I’m in to make a difference and to find fulfillment in myself, not to succumb to societal acceptance in any form.

So I’ve decided to pursue the alternative degrees, either 1. PhD in Metaphysics and Doctor of Divinity or 2. Doctor of Philosophy in Natural Health with an emphasis in herbology, aromatherapy, and animal companion wellness.  

My goal is to eventually own a wellness center or be part of it’s creation.  A place where body, mind, spirit can be healed and you can infuse your spirit with such things as retreats for women, massage, and wellness courses (like cooking, nutrition, stress management, etc).  I know the idea isn’t new, but this one is mine and that makes it special to me.  

My whole point is that today I send a special thank you to Mrs. Virgo and BB in New York for their openness, acceptance and support of this dream.  Just being able to express it freely made my light shine and I needed that.

Today I hope that you find inspiration in anything.  Inspiration is the food of the soul, and I hope you find it in ABUNDANCE.  Be inspired!  Live! And feel joy!

Happy day to everyone!
Muse

~*~*~*~*~*~
DAILY INSPIRATION

Today’s inspirations are quotes from Care2.com, may they bring you joy and peace:

The heart is the hub of all sacred places. Go there and roam in it.--Sri Nityananda

Dalai Lama Quotes on PeaceCollected with gratitude by the Editors of Guidance for Body, Mind, and Spirit.

Has there ever been a time when the world was not in turmoil? There are no Good Old Days. All we have is the present moment, in which to change ourselves.

In the face of unbearable world tension, many of us turn to the wise words of the Dalai Lama for inspiration and guidance. Here are his thoughts about becoming peace:

All forms of violence, especially war, are totally unacceptable as means to settle disputes between and among nations, groups and persons.

Nonviolence does not mean that we remain indifferent to a problem. On the contrary, it is important to be fully engaged. However, we must behave in a way that does not benefit us alone. We must not harm the interests of others. Nonviolence therefore is not merely the absence of violence. It involves a sense of compassion and caring. It is almost a manifestation of compassion.

Anyone who practices the Dharma has a duty to do battle with the enemy--negative emotions.

It is worth reminding ourselves that what brings us the greatest joy and satisfaction in life are those actions we undertake out of concern for others. Indeed we can go further. For whereas the fundamental questions of human existence, such as why we are here, where we are going, and whether the universe had a beginning, have each elicited different responses in different philosophical traditions, it is self-evident that a generous heart and wholesome actions lead to greater peace.

Internal peace is an essential first step to achieving peace in the world. How do you cultivate it? It's very simple. In the first place by realizing clearly that all mankind is one, that human beings in every country are members of one and the same family.

The antidote to hatred in the heart, the source of violence, is tolerance. Tolerance is an important virtue of bodhisattvas--it enables you to refrain from reacting angrily to the harm inflicted on you by others. You could call this practice "inner disarmament," in that a well-developed tolerance makes you free from the compulsion to counterattack. For the same reason, we also call tolerance the "best armor," since it protects you from being conquered by hatred itself.

If we looked down at the world from space, we would not see any demarcations of national boundaries. We would simply see one small planet, just one.

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
~Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...