Thursday, August 17, 2006

Enthusiasm and Love

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about." ~Charles Kingsley

My first thoughts are that I should not let people down, that I should support them and love them. ~Princess Diana

The be-all and end-all of life should not be to get rich, but to enrich the world. ~B.C. Forbes

~*~*~*~*~*~
I try very hard not to let people down.  I try to be happier than I am sometimes, not just because of the fact that I don’t want people to see me sad, but also too, to help myself not be so sad.  But I know that seeing someone’s face light up after I’ve done what I said I would, or somehow given them something they can grasp onto in their time of need (even if it’s just a hug) makes me feel so incredibly good.  

I don’t do this in the real world.  Meaning when I’m out (which isn’t often) I have a much harder time at doing this.  Mainly because most people are driven by the societal tendencies of media hyped values.  They look at me and see a fat woman, never mind that I would have given them such light if they would have let me.  I do not care the color of skin, your past, or anything else, when I attempt to offer you some lightness in your day; but I am human, I am easily hurt, and therefore am guarded.

It’s easier to be open and sharing in a positive way in real life when you feel you have something to offer.  When the very sight of you makes people either feel pity for you, or just not care to see you because you represent something they wish to not acknowledge, it’s harder to be open.

I have low self esteem (I’m sure you got that already ;)), but I do have a sense of self.  I know that my face is beautiful.  I know that my heart shines very much so and I WILL it so shine brightly pulsing like a lighthouse beacon guiding those to me who need comfort.   But I know that 90% of society looks at the wrapping first and some pass judgment before allowing the rest to be viewed.  

I want so badly to be exactly like Princess Diana says in her quote up above.  But it’s hard.  

I have some issues that I have to deal with lately.  I’m awaiting the results of my tests from yesterday and I have another doctor’s visit on the 23rd for more tests.  Once I get the results I’ll know more, but ALONGSIDE those tests and any resultant issues I may have from them… I have another very real issue.  I must tend to it and all I ask of anyone is that if they wish to support anyone who struggles with anything to be open minded, thoughtful and receptive to the different journey someone else may be on that you may not understand.  

If we can do that for each other, I think we can ALL be exactly like Princess Diana states in her quote; both supportive and loving.  That’s what I endeavor to do today.  I renew my effort even with my fears and sensitivities, to be more supportive and loving of people in the real world.  

May I have thick skin for those on a different path who do not receive my smile or kind words well.  
May I have enough strength to reach above what I suffer to help others.
May I learn to love myself as I extend my love to others too.  

This is my hope today for me and as well for you.

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES, INTENTIONS, & BLESSINGS
Supplied today from a local nondenominational church where I live, Called Renaissance Unity.  Here is today’s blessing, wish, affirmation for you all.  May you be in love with life!
XO

Today's Affirmation
I am in love with Life!

Today's Meditation
Mother/Father/Everything God,
Enthusiasm flows effortlessly as I clearly and consistently  live the Truth of my being:
~I am Your child;
~I am created in and after Your likeness;
~You have shared Everything with me;
~Love is my lesson, my gift and my path;
~Every element of my life is working together perfectly;
~I am one with All that is;
~Everyone is my sibling;
~You love us all!
I surrender myself to You.
Holy, holy, holy -- is all of Your creation.
Amen

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

As you begin to understand the immense power and love you hold inside, you will find an unending surge of joy, light and love that will nourish and support you all the days of your life.
~Susan Jeffers

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...