Friday, April 21, 2006

Passion, love, fog, and dreams...




Wow, sometimes you just read something that so touches you you’re just left humbled. Today I had just such a moment. This blog called Three New York Women has an entry today written by sober in the city that just knocked my socks off. Read read read… Read it again if it didn’t move you. THIS is what I’m talking about. That feeling, those things that this man who barely knows her would do… THIS is it.

*****
I’m a very passionate person. I’m passionate about everything I do. When I’m happy I’m passionately happy, when I’m sad I’m really really low and a LOT of people can feel it. My emotions, my passion practically oozes out of my pores. Yes, sometimes (especially when I’m sad) it sucks because it threatens me with the edge of sanity when I’m sad. But I would not trade it for the world because the emotional “highs” are worth every penny.

I’m also attuned to other people (and again most notably those who I’m very close to). We pick up each others vibes and run with them like a kid with a brand new kite. We run and run and gain momentum because we’re determined that kite will soar and when it does, the elation is tremendous. And these are just emotions we share folks…

In the morning when I drive into work, the fog that blankets the fields along the road can inspire me to poetry. This morning the fog reached out stretching it’s arms, small wisps trying to enfold the traffic as most of it blurred by without a care. I actually slowed a little bit upon my approach and thought man I would LOVE to get out of my car and wander through that fog right now with a notebook.

My point?

If I could live life with that type of inspiration 80% of the time instead of the 5% or so I see it, life for me would be good. Going further, being with someone who would appreciate that (even on a small level) would be icing on an already sweet cake. Work, may not be so mundane, or at least if could get away to my private fog bank where inspiration sat waiting for me to dip into it’s deep wells. Even Crony might not be so bad.

Today I’m trying to hold onto the moment of inspiration I felt this morning not once, but twice with the first being the fog of the misty morning, but also the post in the Three New York Women Blog. I’ll hold tightly to it, because as my day starts the familiar pangs of dread approach already knocking on my door looking to sit with me all day. I think today, they may just have to go away ;)

*****
Aside from my wonderful inspiration this morning, I was doing my normal flip through channels on the radio bit looking for some sign of intelligent life. Sadly, I continued the search with no results. The chaotic noise that is called radio consisted still of ads about how I can increase my sex drive and lose 500 pounds in 2 days. There was also the same mindless chatter by the DJ’s all trying to vie to be the top morning show. However today because I had to watch the road carefully due to an accident, the DJ’s on B96 kept my attention (simply because I couldn’t change the channel) for more than my normal 10 seconds. I caught the tail end of a story they were talking about where a group of 12 and 13 year old girls attacked and beat up a young boy on a bike riding to get medicine for his father. The female disc jockey was saying that our society has turned from the strong woman feminism mentality to the sheer brute-ish display of behavior. She mentioned how girls thought this was “cool” to be this way.

How can fighting of any kind be cool? It’s not pretty even in necessity when people fight. It just makes us look more like rabid dogs than the humans who should be proud of our evolution and striving continually to be better. Girls, guys, boys, teenagers, it isn’t pretty no matter your sex, or age.

I’m just amazed at the violence we display daily and how much of it goes left unnoticed.

*****
I have other news that I’m just coming into comfortable with myself. When I am comfortable enough to speak fluently and without doubt about it, I will post it. For now I’ll leave you all in wonder :P


*****
WELL WISHES

Today, I wish you all LOVE. LOTS of love. I send you all hugs from afar, and hopes that today even if it’s in the form of love of nature, love of self, love of partner, that you will feel the brightest touch of love today. May it kiss your forehead like the breeze of summer, caress your hair like the ocean shore caresses the sand, and give you peace.

XO

*****
AND REMEMBER:

An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

3 comments:

Pop Culture Casualty said...

Muse: You have paid me a compliment in the only currency that I accept.

Thank you!

The Muse said...

Thank you so much for coming to my blog. I wish you true guidance with your Kasmir... Have a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

Sober in the City's blog was very nice and in gives in real life all the elements of a romance novel. I have read it 3 times now, and i see something that, perhaps, is being glossed over, perhaps not, however i will not be the Destroyer of Dreams that seems to be part of my make up...

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...