Friday, April 14, 2006

Sampson's Delilah had some wine and cut off all her hair...

I do not know what happened last night. No, I wasn’t on some major booze or drug induced binge, but I do not know what happened when I was sleeping last night. All I know is I decided to get my hair cut yesterday. I blame the wine that Mrs. Fashionista and “J” opened at the office yesterday. It was particularly yummy and I did enjoy a full glass of it. Laughing already eh? Well a thimble full of any alcohol has a lot of effect on me ;) I’m such a light weight anymore.

Anyway, so I had my wine and I was thinking about the big “J” I’m waiting to hear about. I was also reflecting calmly (as wine makes you do) about my reasons for not really giving a shit about my appearance 80% of the time. Mind you I’m no sloth, I do bathe thank you very much. :P But I hardly ever anymore do what I call “girlie stuff”. You know, things like nails, makeup, style the hair instead of just let it hang… that kind of thing. In any event I was thinking that perhaps because my hair is so long, is the reason I do not tend to it more often. It’s hard to style it, and because it would take so much time I generally don’t do anything with it unless it’s a special occasion, because I do not HAVE the time in the mornings.

So as the wine numbed me, I got more and more excited about it. And using the idea of having a good hair style for the big “J” possibility as the catalyst I announced at 4pm that I was cutting my hair. I’ve never been one for long term planning even down to the cutting of hair, so I called the local salon who just so happened to have an opening at 4:15 and off I went.

I met with Jordan a fairly pretty 20 something hairstylist. Her hair was 5 different colors and piled on top of her head in some fashion. She didn’t talk much but she worked quickly. We shared a few niceties, but mainly she cut and cut and CUT. When she was done, I had the cutest hairstyle collarbone length haircut. I stood up and looked about the floor and almost cried there was so much hair there (she cut off about 3-4 inches she said) but my head felt 30 pounds lighter (which was good considering the wine I had drank made me feel heavier ;) and I was happy.

I drove home with the music too loud and a smile on my face. It was a great ride home.

Anyway so onto the night, I stayed up way too late doing what I wanted to do. Finally at about 12am I got up and started cleaning. (I clean on Thursday nights because a. there isn’t much mess me living alone and all and b. that leaves my weekend open for whatever). By the time that was done it was 12:30. Then I logged into a game I had just installed a few days ago for about 10 minutes. Then I began flipping channels all the while conscious of the time, but really not caring. A storm came about flashing and thundering and giving me only a small scare once when the lights flickered. And so I went to bed. It was just after 1am. Most of you know that I work at 7am, and my drive is 45 min long. You do the math. On a good day I should be up at 5:30. Most days I get up at 6 or 6:15. Today, I woke up at 6:35 taking brief note that my alarm was off and I was LATE.

All I remember of the night is that around 2 am or so, the storm finally broke and the waters came down hard. I closed my bedroom window stumbling around the bed half asleep. I collapsed back into bed and slept in a most awkward position. I do not remember getting up, or doing anything else… The really weird part about it is when I DID get up; things in my house were moved around.

When you live alone you know where things are. Even if you’re not conscious of their placement, you know when something has been moved. Several things had been moved. Apparently I had been walking around? I’ve never been known to sleep walk, but I was largely unsettled this morning to see not only my alarm clock off, but my clothing laid out (in my typical I know I’m going to be late fashion to have it ready so I can throw it on). Perhaps I should lay off the wine… either that or never cut my hair again :P

*****
WELL WISHES

It’s Friday, so today I wish everyone much JOY. Think back to when you were in school and remember how good it felt to get to FRIDAY. Today I wish you abundant amounts of that youthful joy…

*****
AND REMEMBER

When authorities warn you of the sinfulness of sex, there is an important lesson to be learned. Do not have sex with the authorities. -From "Basic Sex Facts For Today's Youngfolk" in "Life In Hell'', by (Matt Groening)

2 comments:

A Virgo Writes said...

Where's my picture of your new hair????? You holding out? I am stomach sick today :( I just about passed out last night from fatigue. I will be ok :) I want to see hair!

Anonymous said...

I wanna see your new hair!!

Kami

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...