Thursday, June 08, 2006

Opinions, Rants, and 7 Deadly Sins OH MY! **LONG POST**


I'm so damn tired of fighting with blogger over my pictures. I kid you not, every day it takes me at LEAST 15 tries, by either uploading them to my own web server, or by direct upload to blogger before I can ever get the picture to show. I'm looking into switching bloggers as we speak because this is just TOO FRUSTRATING to deal with. I need opinions of good blogging services, and ideas on how to make a .pdf file and zip file of all my existing posts and comments (like someone did for Cancer Baby's Blog). I've decided that after I find a way to archive my blog into a .pdf file, that I'm switching to a service that actually works...

/rant off

*****
I have a fairly long post today though not becuase I have a lot to say. In fact, I only have a little to say, but I did find on another blog (Cray's blog) a cool thing I wanted to do and post for you.

But!

I do have some important things I want to say first :P

First and foremost, thank you to the Senate for not allowing the Same Sex Marriage Amendment to be put in place. I’m usually very quiet about things that stir up such a hot debate like homosexuality, religion, etc. But on this I have to speak out.

I really enjoyed Blog Dog’s post on the subject, and for those liberals out there you might enjoy it too.

**THIS FOLLOWING IS IN MY OPINION. Please comment if you wish, but be advised that any flaming comments or otherwise non constructive comments will be deleted**

What I have to say about it is this. We cannot allow a political body of any kind to use the rights of people as a means to further a political agenda. In my opinion the discussion of homosexuality is not based on love. Love can’t be decided by anyone but the parties involved. It’s based on the “sex” of homosexuality (yes, this includes lesbians too). People are so damn afraid of what they do not understand that if they can’t run from it, they try to get rid of it. Who are we to tell people with respect to their partnership choices, what they can and can’t do? I firmly believe in gay marriages, that these partners who’ve chosen to love each other the same as any straight couple do, should have the same choices and options. Blog Dog’s post says it perfectly, if having a gay child is a parenting failure, and considering that most of the gay folks come from STRAIGHT homes, then gay couples & families should be the institution that they think the conventional family is.

On a bigger scale too, think people… If we allow the government who is to be separated from matters of religion specifically to avoid things such as this where a covenant of religious belief (i.e. marriage) is to become an “Institution” so it makes it easier for them to have the power to change it…If we allow them to control this, what’s next? Wasn’t the constitution written to protect people? How are we protecting people by prohibiting their freedoms?

As one other person said to me in conversation over this, think back 20 or 40 years ago when it was forbidden to marry out of your race. What if back then we had the government propose a Out of Race marriage ban that was put into the constitution? Would we now as progressive thinkers after having our eyes opened years later, go “Oops?”.

Even if you’re not a gay rights activist… you should be a HUMAN rights activist and realize that giving any governmental body the power to do these things is the beginning of the end of democracy. Whose agenda do you think that’s furthering?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Secondly,

I SLEPT LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok now that that’s done… hehe. I did indeed, I fell asleep at 8:30 and didn’t wake up until nearly 6am today. Thank GOD!

The trick? I exercised… We’ll have to incorporate this routine daily I think. Today, I can think, I’m awake (relatively so, I’m still tired after 4 days of 2 hours sleep or so lol) and that makes me happy. So today is a good day!

Course it helps that Crony isn’t in, the sun is shining and that it’s Thursday just before Friday (yay!)

So today I’m going to leave you all with thoughts of sun and happiness… And because this post will be so long (see the interactive list below) I will again do well wishes across the board in one fell swoop. My list of well wishes is quite long and they’ll keep for extra special wishes another day.

One last thing:

CONGRATULATIONS MR. QUIET STRENGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He took the 1st out of 7 exams to become MCSE certified and passed! Way to go *smile*

And now for the list… Post yours in comments if you wish.

*****
-- PRIDE --
1. What's one thing you have done that you're most proud of?
Published Digital Soup for the Online Soul keeping a promise to a friend!

2. What's one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of?T
hat I’m such a loving person (yes, I called my mom to confirm this, and no she’s not crazy xo to my mom!)

3. What things would you like to accomplish in your life?
I would LOVE to get to my optimum weight for me and be that confident person again in all I do.

4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place?
Sometimes....

5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors?
No.

6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score?
Once in College. I really did feel awful afterwards though. I told my teacher what happened and told him to fail me, and he wouldn’t. He did however give me a ton of extra work to do to make up for it :P

7. What did you do today that you're proud of?
Spoke my mind openly.

-- ENVY --
1. What item (or person) of your friends would you most want to have for your own?
I would like to have the house that Mrs. M in AZ has :P

2. Who would you want to go on "Trading Spaces" with?
Definitely Mrs. Virgo!

3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be?
I don’t think I could be anyone else… if I did, I wouldn’t be me and I just think I should only be me.

4. Have you ever been cheated on?
Yes.

5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own?
Oh god yes.

6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself?
The ability to no matter what they eat be skinny and sexy.

7. Do you wish you'd come up with this survey?
No, lol but I think it’s a good one

-- WRATH --
1. Who did you last get angry with?
My Ex.

2. What is your weapon of choice?
A Very sharp Katana (though I’ve never had to use it and probably wouldn’t be able to LOL).

3. Did you hit a member of the opposite sex?
Yes, on accident when I was sleeping I rolled over and smacked my ex in the well sensitive area for men lol.

4. How about of the same sex?
no.

5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you?
My mother.

6. What is your pet peeve?
people that don’t care about others feelings.

7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily?
I keep some grudges, depending on the offense.

-- SLOTH --
1. What is one thing you're supposed to do daily that you haven't?
Well shower… lol. But I do not believe that you have to shower everyday, I will go every other day unless of course I’ve been sweating profusely etc..

2. What is the latest you've ever woken up?
3pm!

3. Name a person you've been meaning to contact, but haven't?
Brandon.

4. What is the last lame excuse you made?
It’s not that I don’t want to come over, I just have this online thing to do (it really was true, but it just sounds lame lol)

5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through?
*blush* yes.

6. When was the last time you got in a good workout?
yay! Last night! (proud to answer this).

7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today?
Twice.

-- GREED --
1. How many credit cards do you own?
2.

2. What's your guilty pleasure store?
Whole Foods

3. If you had $10 million, what would you do with it?
Have a kick ass house builton a huge lot that would be big enough for friends to build their houses on. Buy a new car, a home theater system and a new laptop. Donate 1 million to various charities, and put another million aside for philanthropic efforts (to people not organizations… writers and such)

4. Would you rather be rich, or famous?
Famous.

5. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
I would love to say no, but I have this job now. Granted it’s not megabucks but it’s more than I was making and the job is BOOOORING.

6. Have you ever stolen anything?
yes lol.

7. How many MP3s are on your hard drive?
Is this a trick question? :P
Lots.

-- GLUTTONY --
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice?
Starbucks Iced Almond Vente Latte.

2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat??
white

3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you've had in one sitting/outing/event?
I can’t remember but by the time I was relieved of the bottle of rum I was drinking it straight from the bottle. Is that a lot? (and this was in like 1987 lol)

4. Have you ever used a professional diet company?
yes

5. Do you have an issue with your weight?
No, not at all… why do you ask? :P (yes)

6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy foods?
All of the above but not at the same time.

7. Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought "lunch"?
eww no lol.

-- LUST --
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family):uh a lot

2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family):
enough :P

3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of the opposite gender during a normal conversation?
*blush* yes

4. Have you "done it"?
Duh, Yes

5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice?
Lips

6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute?
No

7. Have you ever had to get tested for an STD or pregnancy?
Yes (pregnancy)

Finally, what is your favorite deadly sin?
Gluttony

*****
DAILY INSPIRATION
From DailyOM

Power In Numbers
Sending Our Collective Light To The World

Like tiny ripples that merge to form great waves, combined human intent is worth more than the sum of its parts. A single individual can initiate worldwide improvement by emitting conscious frequencies of love, beauty, goodness, and wisdom. A group of people focusing their energy on sending out light to the world can set the stage for positive global transformation. All of us possess the ability to channel love energy, to heal, to be a conduit for white light, and to positively influence our fellow humans from afar. Yet one person can only do so much. Imagine if each one of us took a few moments at the start of each day to send out light to the world from our hearts. Mother Earth would be quickly eased and the planet, as well as every organism and being on it, would be bathed in loving light. The world would be an infinitely beautiful place.

You can help bring about an earth where love triumphs over violence, air and water are nourishing in their purity, and people take pleasure in simply being alive. Alone, the light you emit is a wonderful healing tool, but when you join with others who share your intent to shine compassion and positive energy over the world, a powerful force is created. Your collective consciousness and collective light will wash over the planet, enveloping people, communities, cities, countries, and continents. Inviting others to send light with you can be a daunting task. People may question the benefits of sending light to an already broken world. You will likely need to explain that each person's light joins with every other, and through the joining all are strengthened. Assure them that what matters is not technique or what religion or beliefs you hold but intent.

As more people come in mindfulness to send their collective light to the world, the power of their planetary gift will increase exponentially. You may already be affiliated with groups that would gladly participate in such a noble project. Children, who often feel incapable of influencing their world yet are reservoirs of innate power are usually enthusiastic about sharing their collective light. As you gather together willing people, your individual intent will become a great and powerful wave, and you will see results in your fellow humans, in the news, and in your daily life.

*****
WELL WISHES

Today I wish for everyon to have a day of joy. May something, anything spark a smile for you. May you receive at least one hug and be the recipient of many niceties :) xo

*****
AND REMEMBER


"Every single one of us can do things that no one else can do, can love things that no one else can love. We are like violins. We can be used for doorstops or we can make music."

~Barbara Sher; Author - "I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the cynical one, but the gay marriage amendment proposal was a "smoke screen", meant to draw our attention away from something that needed to be hidden. Think about it, the whole thing came up and went away in the space of two weeks this time. Something funny is going on that they need attention divereted by this.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the gay marriage. I'm not gay myself, but I have plenty of friends who are. I'm afraid that the government feels that they have the moral right to limit what we do. They say the bible makes it wrong. I'm shocked...the bible also says it's wrong to eat meat on a friday. I can't wait for that constitutional admendment. Or the one requiring us to go to church every sunday. I also feel that marriage is in the heart, not on a piece of paper.

Omega, I think you're right about the smokescreen. come to think of it...the NSA listening scandel has disappeared from front pages and news reports. Suddenly is it alright for them to listen and record millions of American's phone calls? Shady shady shady...


Mr. Uber for president in 08!

Anonymous said...

Psh, you didn't even change all your answers! Way to make me do ALL the work.

I so typed "Some grudges, depending on the offense" or whatever that answer was. Pshaw! :P

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...