Friday, June 02, 2006

Yay it's friday again!

*****
Today I can handle whatever comes up, knowing that I am surrounded with all the positive energies of good and love in the universe.
You CAN surpass whatever life throws at you. KNOW this, and do it.

I am a beautiful person.
Say this throughout the day that you pull this. Even if you laugh as you say it, just say it.

"Forgiveness is an act of self-love" ~Don Miguel Ruiz "The Mastery of Love"
*****
I'm trying really hard to look to these affirmations today for strength. Each one of them is a good one today.

I had a hard ride home yesterday as I got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. in an of itself this isn't a huge thing. It’s just a ticket after all and it doesn’t even go on my record. However, it’s $25 that I do no have. Most of you very close personal friends of mine know that money is still elusive to me, and $25 to me is HUGE. It means a missed bill it’s that big. So that sent me yesterday into a downward spiral as I had to adjust my budget for this stupidity.

Then I fell asleep on the couch last night at 7pm! I woke up at 10:30pm, knowing I had messed up my already messed up sleep schedule. Sure enough I was up until 3am. (Mind you I have to be up at the ABSOLUTE latest by 6am). So I cleaned, did laundry, got garbage ready, leveled a character in WoW, backed up my mom’s pc. Finally I fell asleep at 3am…

Then on the way to work again a car issue in that I was nearly a participant in two accidents. I had to slam on my brakes so hard this morning to avoid one of them, that my seatbelt locked up. I’ve decided I’m just going to stay home this weekend. I have no money to go anywhere anyway, and I think given my car/driving issues the past two days maybe I should just stay home lol.

Then I get to work and because I have to have conversation with crony or else she thinks I treat her badly, I mention that I am looking into a health club and am part of a project with some friends regarding weight loss. She proceeds in one fell swoop to tell me that I can’t afford the health club and I should just walk outside, and then tells me that because the weight loss thing is online and isn’t part of a planned weight loss regime, that I will fail. Not that I hope you’ll have success, or that your success may be moderate, but that I will FAIL. I hate when people can’t even be decent enough to at lest be semi supportive. I mean I have to go out of my way to be nice to her so she wont think I dislike her (which I do, but hey I guess she’d rather have the delusion), she could at least go out of her way in return to TRY and be nice.

So I’m trying really hard to look on the highlighted quote of the day and remember that forgiveness is truly an act of self love. I’m trying to remember that it’s Friday and half my weekend chores are already done. I’m trying really hard to think that maybe the $25 in fines is worth it if in some way the seatbelt ever saves my life instead of wondering how I’m going to pay back my mother. I’m trying really hard to be spiritual instead of angry this morning at Crony. I’m trying…

I think Wine and Incense and meditation is on the agenda for tonight... that and a THOROUGH closet cleaning. Anyone want to have some Fat Bastard with me? Local folks this means you... if you want to come by we'll be having wine and cheese and crackers. So call me, email me, IM me if you want wine and a pick me up of friendship.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.
*****
DAILY INSPIRATION
From Daily OM

Inner Access
Transcendental Meditation
The complexity and variety of meditative techniques can be awe inspiring. There are a great many to choose from and various aspects of each to be learned. But at the heart of them lies transcendental meditation (TM). A practice rooted in ancient times but outlined by Maharishi Mahesh in 1957, TM is as beneficial for the novice as it is for the experienced practitioner. It is simple, neither a way of life nor a spiritual belief, and can be practiced by anyone of any age or lifestyle.

The strength of TM's effectiveness is in one's personal mantra, which, according to Mahesh, can be any word, name, or syllable that has meaning for you. Practicing TM twice daily, in the morning and evening, has been shown to increase concentration, memory, learning ability, and creativity, as well as to reduce stress, anxiety, and incidents of illness. It is a very personal meditation, and so your results will be unique.

Beginning TM is as straightforward as sitting comfortably with your eyes closed. Do not try to relax or control your breathing. Wait thirty seconds and then begin thinking your mantra. You may want to experiment with different mantras, but keep in mind that the goal is not to focus on the mantra or even to think it clearly. The mantra needn't have a rhythm. If thoughts interrupt your mantra, don't push them away, but instead let them pass. After fifteen to twenty minutes, stop thinking the mantra and sit quietly for another two minutes before opening your eyes. During the meditation, you will find that your mind will settle down and you will enter a period of deeply relaxed alertness in which your consciousness transcends its normal boundaries. Your creativity will thrive while accumulated mental fatigue is washed away. Your body will also have settled into a state of deep restfulness.

Some believe that TM can help one attain a higher consciousness, while others see the meditation as a route to self-knowledge and physical and mental health. In TM, however, there are no right or wrong goals. The practice simply provides you with a way to access all facets of your existence - mental, physical, spiritual, individual, and universal - in a natural and nurturing way.

*****
WELL WISHES

I wish you all a wonderfully happy day full of nothing but joy. May your hearts feel love, your eyes have a smile in them, and your friends have lots of hugs for you. I know I would have a hug for each of you if I were near you :)

*****
AND REMEMBER:

"Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. "
~David M. Burns

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh! Pick me, pick me! Okay so I can't physically be there but I will be there with you in spirit. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ticket thing -- you can already think it 'paid' for itself because of the lock up this morning.

Crony thing -- (yes if you read that just right it has a completely different meaning) Is the Crony one of those people who are oblivious to sarcasm? if so a good "Ohh Thank you SOOO much for your support Crony!" might be in order. You can use that for the laugh of the day while she thinks she did something good...

*the wolf runs back into the forest laughing a silent wolf laugh*

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh, i almost forgot, Great picture for your avatar!! :)

blog said...

I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but screw Crony. Do you really even care what she thinks?

I think that because much of your life is online, you would have more success participating in an online system/support group than you would otherwise (i.e. weight watchers). Of course, it does have to be coupled with heathly eating and exercise in order to have a chance.

Again, tell Crony to bend over so you can pull the stick out of her ass.

Kelli said...

Hey, sorry to hear about your ticket. That totally sucks -- and as someone who also has to budget down to the penny I know exactly what you mean. Yesterday, the ticket gods must've been busy b/c I got one for $45 b/c I didn't move my car for street-cleaning (which sucked even more b/c I kind of knew I was going to end up getting one but there were NO spots on the "right" side of the street for me to move to. Sigh.)

Also, I once got a $25 ticket for no seat-belt which sucked for many reasons: 1) I ALWAYS wear my seat-belt & am usually harping for others to do the same. I was in the passenger seat w/ a coworker & we were going to a nearby pizza shop. I took my seatbelt off after he turned into the parking lot & was pulling into a parking space. The cop STILL "pulled us over" (even though we were um, parked!) & gave us both tickets. Argh. It was 5 years ago & I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it!
So, sorry for the rant but I just wanted to say I totally appreciate where you're coming from!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...