Monday, November 06, 2006

Baby Steps... Small goals

"There is a place in each of us that is so beautiful, angels smile in its presence.  That presence is who you really are. When you can stand spiritually naked, look at yourself and like what you see, you have achieved a great feat."   ~Ron Rathbun

Quote is taken from page 91 of: The Way Is Within

Today's Affirmation
I am spirit expressing itself.

~*~*~*~*~*~
I have been walking lately.  Not much mind you because too much hurts my stomach.  (We’re talking more than 5 minutes each session, hurts).  I’ve been trying (and failing on occasion) to watch my portions.  I try everyday to remember that I do not ever want to go through a surgery like I’ve just been through unless it is medically necessary.  I also do not want to be a statistic.  I want to lose weight.  I want to do it so that I can have so many of the things I think I want.  I want so many things…

I’m also going to try to work from home earlier than I usually start today.  I have been starting somewhere around 2 or 3 because of the nausea but I’m going to try and fight it a bit today and start at 1pm today so that maybe I can get a few more hours in.  I need the money.

These are my only goals for this week.  As long as I fulfill them (walking everyday as promised to Jengie and to myself, and working from home earlier in the day unless physically unable to do so) then anything else will be icing on an already sweetened cake.  

I hope your day is lovely.

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES

I wish for you today along with me to complete a goal you’ve set for yourself.  Could be something really small, but that’s ok… CELEBRATE it.  Spend time allowing yourself to enjoy the accomplishments you make through the day.  The joyfulness will help you complete more ;)

You are a blessing to me everyday.
XO

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

Someone loves and is thinking of you; that someone is…me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all about feeding the body food that nourishes. Your body is a temple LadyM, honour it with cleansing and healing foods. I know it isn't easy, I struggle every day too.

I'm so happy you're healing and are OK.

Anonymous said...

I am so very proud of you! You have been thru so much and yet you continue to live with hope and light. You are a an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Sis,

despite everything, know that I always walk with you and beside you battle all things, just like always. Not only am I your friend, but your biggest fan as well. I also dont want you to become a stat. Keep up the good work and it will turn out in the end *hugs*

Spencer

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you, Cal <3.
Love you,
Kami

Anonymous said...

I'm so, SO happy for you! I don't live near you, but if you need ANYTHING online, let me know. Sorry if your on and I don't throw you a tell sometimes but I get real busy, as I'm sure you do to. But I want you to know that you got a good friend outside your group you can depend on. I'm pullin' for ya! Thrive on! =) [hugs]

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...