Sunday, November 05, 2006

Down Under - A poem inspired by three exceptional people

Down Under

Sunlight drapes over the garden
Teasing each petal of exotic variety
The morning dewdrops glisten like diamonds against bright color
A palette of colorful joy represented in each delicate flower

Down under just below the eager fronds reaching to the sky
Sits the hidden fairy
Her wings glimmmer with unseen light
Her smile perfectly curved in a face of near porcelain
Reaching out to the sun, higher and higher she tries


Hoping and praying for a touch back in her garden of truth
Alone in her garden of dreams, hopes, joy
Vibrant color around hers,
The white light of her heart bright against the shade

Among the garden she sits, realizing how single and alone she is
Not knowing that in the world where life lives daily
Others of her kind, shimmering in the shade, reaching to the sky
Seek hope, along with others


Reaching high, the flowers grasp the strands of sun
As she grasps the hands of hope
Smiling, sitting in contentment
Knowing she's not alone.

She never was...

©SKW


~*~*~*~*~*~
This poem was inspired by a combination of things. At 12:20 am on Sunday morning I was in chat with three people. I couldn't sleep, I had been disappointed and was reaching out. Aussie_Male who is always my confidante at just the right times, Kamiokappa who has been always reaching back to me whenever I need it, and Jengie who for 4 years has always had a smile on her face and kind words to say were the three who reached to me when I reached out. This is for them... It's my first poem in a while, that is based only in love and joy. I hope you enjoy it :) I know I enjoyed writing it for them.

XO

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your light with me every day. it means a lot.
i love you.
Kami

Anonymous said...

It is an honor to be your friend! Love and light right back at ya :)

Anonymous said...

As mentioned earlier to you, I can't stop smiling. Thanks so much for holding me in such high regard.

A test of true friendship is standing alongside your friends in times where there seems little light at the end of that proverbial tunnel. We'll always support you, cheer you on, encourage you and always be here for you.

Always in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of thinking of myself as shimmering. I don't think this is fading in and out of existence, though God knows I sometimes feel this way, but sparkling, giving and receiving strength. Thanks for the reminder that we all need each other's strength and hope, that we all give others the same.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...