Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dreaming your dream; The Muse's Dream of Love

Lao Tzu on Dreaming Your Dream
Adapted from Half Full, by Mina Parker (Conari Press, 2006).

You look out for your kids, your parents, and your bank account. You problem solve; you make it work. It’s not always perfect--but then, what is? Did you forget to look out for your dreams? Did you forget to plant and tend your deepest desires? It might be hard work, but the harvest might surprise you with dreams that are bigger and brighter than you ever dreamed possible.

Here is what Lao Tzu has to say about how to nurture your dream:

Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream. - Lao Tzu

~*~*~*~*~*~
This particular bit caught my eye today. I subscribe to many self-help newsletters. It’s where I get my quotes when I’m not pulling quotes given to me by friends or readers of my blog. Today’s was interesting…

One of my biggest dreams is to find love, have it, share it. And by love I mean the kind of love I need. Love that is real, here next to me, shared and respected.

I pepper that dream with thoughts of “Oh, I’ll never find someone who values me because I’m fat”. Or the tried and true motto I’ve become aware of invading my thoughts lately “I wont find someone because I’m * Broken *”.

I think it’s time to water my dream, my biggest most important dream with the things that will help it grown and be a reality. From this point forward I will water my dreams with optimism and solutions. And maybe along the way I’ll learn to be less bitter over what I do not have, and enjoy what I DO have until what I want becomes part of my life.

Here is a lyric of a song that describes (sort of) what I’m looking for…If you have a chance, listen to the song. It’s lovely.

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
I said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

~*~

Maybe someone will lay with me and forget the world… I still believe in the fairy tale even modernized… Maybe someone will.

Have a wonderful day everyone

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES

Today I wish that if you have love you remember that not everyone does and appreciate what you have. If you do not have love, then you water your dream if that’s your dream with positivity and optimism. In either event, I hope you know love. Because Love is beautiful.

You are a blessing to me everyday.

XO

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

If you have love in your life it can make up for a great many things you lack. If you don't have it, no matter what else there is, it's not enough. ~Ann Landers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also remember the love of self...I think Ann Landers was also refering to that kind of love. Hugs and love to you...from me...not exactly there counting cars, but sending it still the same.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this post (and am a huge fan of the song you posted lyrics to.)
I think remembering to water your dreams is so very important - and probably something a lot of us don't do often enough.

You are an amazing spirit and I'm honored to know you through our blog-land.
Keep dreaming, keep reaching, keep going.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...