Friday, May 18, 2007

Judgement & Joy

The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of its scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness. ~Therese of Lisieux

~*~*~*~*~*~

What is it with this month? Is there some cosmic/karmic thing going on? It just seems like something is going on with everyone I know. I have a friend who is stuck in the hiring process of a major company for a reason that is … strange. I myself have things coming up that I can’t plan for, and a move to get ready for. Another friend is having a third surgery because the first two haven’t gone/healed right. Other friends have lots of issues going on. I swear I’m going to get out my incense, oils, and start blessing everyone I meet just to right the cosmic rails again! ARGH!

On another note, today is Friday, it’s beautiful and a surprising event happened this morning! For most of you long time Muse blog readers, you know the story of Crony in my life. For those of you who aren’t familiar with her, let me explain. Crony (as I have nicknamed her) is just that. She’s argumentative, highly judgmental and extremely opinionated. She’s an older woman who just simply reminds me of a crone. She has on more than one occasion caused problems for me at work; the height of those problems was when I finally went to my boss last year and said almost in tears, that I could NOT work with her anymore. (They never did anything about that by the way, expecting me to either leave or deal with it.)

Everyone seems to accept her eccentricities with a shrug. I have a very hard time doing that. I think if we’re all going to be clustered together in the work environment, EVERYONE should do their best to get along. For the nearly two years I’ve been here, it’s been very lopsided (and usually not in my favor).

Today I had the distinct pleasure (yes, pleasure) of talking to Crony for about an hour and a half. Yes, let me repeat… I did say pleasure. It turns out not only does she have a heart, but it’s very warm… not cold as previously thought.
Crony participates in many charity functions. She is constantly giving to people, organizations, anyone in need. She displayed a caring and warmth that I genuinely thought was something she didn’t even understand. Talking with her today really opened my eyes to the grudges I had held against her for all the times she belittled me etc. I’m not saying I will forget what she did, and I certainly won’t trust her any more than I have done previously, but as she spoke I realized that I too had been just as judgemental as I perceived her to be. The reflecting picture of that realization is a picture of myself that I don’t like to see.

Do I think she’s a saint? No.
Do I think she’ll change and be nicer to me? No.
Do I think she deserves to be judged by me? No.

So today I realized that I need to be much more open. I really need to work harder to not sit in the back seat with my judgments and grudges and really drive instead, moving forward to achieving a better sense of patience and openness.

I think I can do that, I’m an excellent driver.

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES
Today my wish for you is that you simply enjoy the day. That you have the sight to open your eyes and see the beauty of the day and not the darkness of problems or concerns. That “your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small”. (Rascal Flatts “My Wish”). With all my heart, I send this wish to you today. May it find you and give you a smile.

You are a blessing to me everyday.
Muse

~*~*~*~*~*~

AND REMEMBER
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” ~Carl Gustav Jung

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...