Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cha Cha Cha Changes & a Late Happy Mother's Day!

Mother’s Day this year, while it should have been a wondrous celebration, was overshadowed by bad news received not 12 hours earlier. On Saturday in the evening, I received a call from my landlord saying that they were selling the condo I’ve rented for three years. A couple of scenarios were examined hastily before the threat of panic at not having money or a place to go became prominent. Examining a few scenarios helped keep the panic at bay (thank god). However, this time in my life is proving to be both busy and stressful.

I’ve been getting used to being busier than I have been in three years as of late. I think this busy-ness has been prepping me for things like this. So now, I’m busily working on finding a new place, hiring movers, and all that a move entails (and doing it in under 6 weeks!). It’s not a fun time for me, but it’s not the worst I’ve been through either. It helps to have friends/family that understand until I get settled again, time is not my own to do with as I please just yet.

~*~

But, on a side note, and an important one, I wish to send out the best love and wishes to the woman who has on more than one occasion saved my life.

She saved me from a horrible family life at the tender age of 4.
She saved me from my own past that threatened my life at the age of 16.
She saved me when both myself and my spouse (at the time) were both unemployed and owned a house.
She saved me when I was struggling so hard to make ends meet on my own with leftover debt.
She saved me each and every time regardless of the hour when tears would overwhelm all thoughts.
She saved me when cancer appeared in my life
She saved me after my surgery with all her help medically, to ensure I healed properly.


She gave me love
She gave me life
She gave me a home
She gives me support and strength

She saves me everyday and gives me love in every way. I am who I am because of her, and while I’m late, I wish to honor her today (because it’s never too late to honor your mother!).

I know times are tough for me mom, but in honor of all you do, who you are, and who I am when I’m with you; I give you my heart and life. Happy Mother’s Day!

1 comment:

Grahamburger said...

Happy Mother's Day (belated) muddah! Good luck with the move, you know I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You will get through this, promise! :)

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...