Monday, May 21, 2007

Life is Good.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain. ~ Maya Angelou

To change one's life: 1. Start immediately, 2. Do it flamboyantly, 3. No exceptions. ~ William James

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lady luck is smiling on me for the first time in a long time. For a while when she situated herself on my shoulder, I thought for sure she had just gotten lost. But sure enough in some areas, she proved her existence to me. This weekend was no exception.

Google man and I have by the virtue of circumstance and interest, decided to share a place to live. This was something decided upon before the fiasco of my landlord telling me I had to move. It made sense after all options were examined, to keep on the current choice, but to get a new apartment (versus moving back home, etc).

I immediately immersed myself in all the routine of finding a place, negotiating timeframes, coordinating companies and working time off into the picture. After a week of searching, we went Saturday to the 7 places I had narrowed the search down to. Lady Luck smiled her sunshine smile on us Saturday when we entered the first place on the list and absolutely fell in love with it.

The landscaping in the place is gorgeous, the families with their kids walking around as well as the secure entryway with a camera gave me an instant breath of relief. The apartment itself (we only looked at a one bedroom) was WOW! The amenities (I’ll list them ;) are phenomenal! We just fell in love with it. We decided over the course of a few hours, to go for a two bedroom since we have plenty to store and it made sense financially.

Then we sat at a table watching the blue water of the pool, and waited to fill out the forms. And then it hit me…

Oh my god, I’m going to be living with someone!

I’ve lived alone since 2003 now, and was quite accustomed to it. I like my space and I like my space the way *I* like it. A few rampant thoughts ran through my head.


“But what if it doesn’t stay clean?”
“But what if things don’t work out?”
But…But…But…

Before the fear of change could turn from a trickle to a flood, I looked back at the window, and out to the pool.

“So what” I thought to myself.

“This is change, this is life, and right now… it’s pretty damn good”.

Yup, it sure is. So I signed the lease with a smile and it hasn’t left my face since…

Have a beautiful day everyone!

(Property Description & Pictures below!)

Situated on the Seven Bridges Golf Club, our elegantly appointed mid-rise apartments offer three distinctive interior finish selections the suit your lifestyle. Spectacular golf course views pale in comparison to the incomparable amenities within the community. Enjoy access to vast recreational opportunities and a great selection of fine dining and entertainment options at your doorstep at the Main Street at Seven Bridges.

APARTMENT FEATURES
> Custom finishes
> Gourmet kitchens with white or black Whirlpool appliances
> Frost-free refrigerators with automatic icemakers
> Full-size side-by-side washers and dryers
> Large walk-in closets
> Separate walk-in showers
> Oversized oval garden tubs (WOOOHOOO)
> Double sink vanities
> Raised bathroom vanities
> Expansive balconies with views of the Championship Golf Course

COMMUNITY AMENITIES
> Resort-style pool and sundeck
> Fitness studio and weight room
> Executive business center and conference rooms
> Club room with large screen TV and surround sound
> Mid-rise elevator buildings with telephone & Camera entry system
> Enclosed reserved garage parking
> Individual storage areas
> Bike room
> PGA quality putting green
> Extensive landscaping, open space, amenity areas, and walking paths











3 comments:

Grahamburger said...

*gasp* You're going to be living with Google Man? Muse! You're going to be living in sin!
I am so proud of you!! :p

Seriously though, this is exciting! I'm happy for you and those pictures are gorgeous, is that the place? Because I might move in too. :P

Anonymous said...

As I said before... it is beautiful!! I hope everything goes perfectly for you. love you.
kami

Anonymous said...

Whoah! You're moving into a resort! I'm so happy the two of you found some place so beautiful :D

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...