Thursday, July 26, 2007

Doubts & Stress & Decisions... Oh my!

Lately I have had cause to wonder why I had the surgery last year. Now the minute I have thoughts like that I know; I need to change something FAST. Because I'll tell you why I had the surgery: "Because my life is worth saving".

My life lately (seems since last year) has been one rush or another. Starting with the vacuum of silence that penetrated everything as I was diagnosed, to the onslaught of painful noise when stress, life, and dealing with it all began (and continues) to assault my ears.

Something needs to give when I start to think thoughts like that, for even one SECOND.

I have some hard decisions in front of me. Recurring medical issues and bills threaten the tenuous balance I have on my finances daily and I'm not complaining or whining, simply stating a fact. This is one of my biggest stresses.

My job gets no better, and for each day I have to take off for a medical appointment I lose pay. My boss who was asked by her partner here to look into insurance because he knew I would need it, has decided that she wont (for whatever reason). So in the end I must go. This is another of my biggest stresses and one of my daily struggles as getting up to go to this job gets harder and harder each day.

Some stresses were removed; the move is done and I'm settling in, and now the quietness of normalcy in some ways is setting in. This is a welcome relief, but there are other things as well going on that were not planned (though on the big scale they are small in comparison).

I've sat in depression a few times over these stresses, cried some about it, and yet today seem to have a clearer head about it all.

I was stressing about having to file bankruptcy. I've worked so hard since my divorce to get my credit to a good place. My efforts paid off with my credit rating being higher than 30% of the general public. And thanks to some very generous people who helped during my cancer, my credit didn't slip because the bills were paid on time. But I cannot rely on others to fix this. I have a choice, I can choose to be sad about it or do something about it. I'm here for a reason, and it's not to sit in stress or wallow in tears over things.

I'm 85% convinced that bankruptcy is the way to go (I do not see any other option really...) And when I was sad about it, I remembered what someone said to me (I can't even remember who): "You do what you have to do, your life is worth everything".

I understand. Tomorrow I may be sad as my emotions wax and wane & over time I may lose sight of that statement. But where it counts truly, deeply I understand.

Muse
~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES
Today may you have clear sight to your goals & dreams. No matter how far away they seem or how out of your grasp, the fact that they are there makes them worth the journey.

You are a blessing to me everday.
XO

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...