Thursday, July 05, 2007

Find your inner Paul Potts

I happened to have some time on my hands today at work. I'm getting ready for a move, have so much to do and yet at work I've returned to the boring every day. It's like time stops for me while at work (which may not be such a good thing).

It turns out today it WAS a good thing. In the midst of doing, well absolutely nothing, I turned to the internet for time relief. I went to a few places I normally do, before hitting MSNBC.com. I read through as much drama, death, war, that I could stand and finally turned to the entertainment section.

And there I saw it.

Media these days is all about all the information all the time, all upfront. In some ways that's good, in others it's bad. It makes for a very long day when all you hear is how the world is suffering throughout. It's hard sometimes to find a good story, let alone an inspirational one.

I read this story, and thought, oh I see, another article intending to make fun of someone who pursued their heart. But I was wrong, I'm happy to admit that... I was wrong.

So take a looksee at the article linked here. Lets celebrate inspirational journalism today. And even if it doesn't "move" you, then lets breathe a sigh of relief that there is something... somewhere... in this world that is NICE.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19291117/

2 comments:

Libra Moon said...

I am not a TV watcher or Newspaper reader. I would have never heard of this story without your sharing. Thank You!... A thrilling inspiration this story is!

Good to read that all is well in your World Me Lady...

Libra Moon

Unknown said...

I seriously enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...