Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend of fun

“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” ~George Bernard Shaw

This weekend was amazingly long, definitely too short, full of great fun, warm hearts, blissful joy, lots of walking, good food, good company, and lots of laughter.

This past weekend I had the great fortune to meet for the first time face to face the person known online as Elindo. We have been friends online for quite some time now and he (and his family!) is as close to me as anyone. This visit was nearly 5 years in the making and finally despite some struggles (and a delayed flight of over 4 hours!) he arrived late Thursday night where I could envelope him in my arms for the first time.

From the very first moment my arms touched him in that brief hug, all was well. We got in the car to head for home and the conversation never ceased. It was as if we were family that had just been apart for a few years, instead of friends who laid eyes upon each other for the first time in 5.

We talked long into the night neither of us wishing to go to bed, until sleep finally claimed us without our consent. We spent Friday, dirtying up and making soap and letting our creativity overwhelm us. Amid all the plans and aspirations of things to get done over the weekend, there was a level of calm that meant nothing mattered. The carefully laid plans didn’t NEED to be done if we wished it, the timing of things was irrelevant if we just wanted to stop and slow it down…

Shortly into the early afternoon Friday, my second guest joined us. Eluniar arrived, parents in tow and proceeded to join in the festivities wholeheartedly. It felt from that moment on that we (all four of us) were always meant to have been together this weekend, and that perhaps in the future we would always find this comfortable niche among us. Eluniar and Elindo having never met seemed to not find that awkward first meeting present for them. They gelled perfectly and off we all went to our weekend of fun.

Friday we played games, Saturday we went to the renaissance fair (pictures to come soon!), we talked all along, and we laughed, and had the best time. On Sunday we had the best breakfast ever, to help sweeten the inevitable sadness I felt as everyone departed for home.

There isn’t enough room on the page to tell you all we said or did. But what I can convey to you is the happiness that radiated through me all weekend long to have been around such great people, good friends, and good times. I love you Elindo and Eluniar, it was my pleasure and honor to have you two bright spirits in my home this weekend. Thank you, for my seemingly perpetual smile today.

XO

Muse

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Thank you for holding my hand across the internet.
I have a feeling I'll be back before we know it though...I'm already missing posting!
More soon...

Grahamburger said...

Awwww, that's so awesome you got to hang out with Elindo! Some time I have to get to do that -- I mean, hang out with you. Or Elindo. Either/or. How about both? :P I mean, I've known you about as long as he has!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...