Thursday, July 05, 2007

Secrets



Secrets carried through smoke filled rooms
Glide above our knowledge
The moon hangs suspended
Smiling, knowing all

And strangers though we are, we begin to dance.

Whisked away on a breeze unannounced
While clouds carry on indifferent
Drinks rattle, liquid swirls
The bar speaks volumes of nothing

And we carry on unaware, holding onto our secret.

Truth in the lies that are spoken
Lies in the truths that are whispered
Does anyone know the real story?
Music pounds, bass shatters the words

And we arrive closer, our dance becoming fire.

Pushing closer our bodies intertwine
Secrets captured in our heat
Frozen in the space between our hearts
And the dance plays out

And we are master artists, painting a picture of oblivion.

In a glance our eyes lock
The smoke wafts around us
Words felt in a single overheard whisper
We shake, our climactic dance at its peak

And we sigh, we sigh, we wish for more.

A nod, a smile and we agree silently
To return to blissful denial for just one more moment.
Ice clinks in glasses slowly warming
Laughter springs abundantly from a far away world

And we reluctantly realize the completion has passed.

We are in a world of secrets, of lovers, of indifference
Without warning our dance completes
We go back to our private cup of loneliness...apart
And begin watching the smoke in the room,

Hoping it heralds the next secret.

©SKW


~*~*~*~
I have no idea where this came from tonight. I was watching some smoke against the night sky, the first two lines began repeating in my head... I sat down and out this came. I think it's pretty good. what do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You continuously amaze me with your ability to capture such emotion in your work!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...