Monday, October 09, 2006

12 hours to go

It's 1:12am and here I sit putting off the inevitable. It's amazing how you want every last second possible before undergoing change...

In any event, today is the day. In just a few short hours, I will have surgery that will hopefully rid my body of the cancer that has appeared. Going forward if I'm lucky enough (and with all the prayers I've heard for me, I think I might be :) I will not have any other cancer in my body.

I've heard so many wonderful sentiments. I've heard from people I hadn't expected to hear from, and had newcomers who joined me this past night just "being" with me. That was truly a gift that I needed today. Thank you.

I know I'm putting off the inevitable, but I have thanks to give for the place of relative calm in which I sit at this moment. Thank you everyone for the bit you did to help get me here.

And now for the pertinent information:

As of this moment (I have no clue if I'll get up early enough to make another quick post later), any updates posted here will be posted by the person you know as "Mr. Uber". He will (among others such as Mrs. Virgo) be aware of my current status. Should you have yahoo instant messenger and wish to contact Mr. Uber for updates you can do so at: swiftshish.

I expect to be home in a few days, but I do not know how long before I'll be able to sit at the computer (hopefully only a short time, but only time will tell). You can contact me at my email address if you wish to, but remember I may not be able to respond for some time. I do however love to get letters of well wishes and love so don't be shy ;)

Locally and for those few who have my number or the numbers needed to call and physically check up on me, please feel free to do so, but realize my cell may not be answered for a few days. Voice mails however are welcome too ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~
Earlier tonight as I was sitting on my couch, I moved my two books Candles Lit in My Heart... and I spied a card nestled between the two of them. I'm not sure how this card got there. Recently more than one person has had their hands on my books. When I read the card however, what got me was the absolute perfection of the cards message. Tonight just before I head to bed, and pray for dreams of peace, health, and swift recovery, I thought I had better post about it in case I didn't have time in the morning. So I'll leave you with the card's message. It was largely the reason for the initial slowdown of my fear which allowed me to finally ... breathe.

Thank you to whomever left this card or gave it. It was unbelievably perfect.

~*~*~*~*~*~

UNWRAP THE DAY
"Cease to inquire what the future has in store, and take as a gift whatever the day brings forth." ~ Horace

At some point, we all wish we had a crystal ball to gaze at what the future holds. Yet every minute spent focusing on what will be, only wastes precious moments here and now. The best things in life are often the unexpected ones. Instead of wanting to know what lies ahead, resolve to feel blessed by whatever comes your way.

Simple Steps
* Begin each morning as if a special gift has been dropped on your doorstep. What wonders might it hold? Spend the day finding out.

*At dinnertime, remember one unexpected gift you received today. It could be as simple as feeling the warmth of sunshine on a cold day or hearing a long forgotten song on the radio.

~*~*~*~*~*~
May your day find you warm and secure in love. Even while I'm gone, I'm thinking of you and hoping for peace for you as well as for me. And with that I tell you all, you are a blessing to me everyday.

Especially today.

xo

Muse

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...