Sunday, October 08, 2006

Gratitude for Life; 1 Day to go

Today, creator of the Universe, my heart is filled with gratitude for the gift of life you have given me. Thank you for the opportunity to experience this beautiful body and this wonderful mind. Today, I want to express my gratitude for everything I have received from you.

I know the way to say thank you for life is by fully enjoying every moment of my life. And the only way to enjoy every moment is to love. Today, I will express all the love and happiness that exist in my heart. I will love your creations, I will love myself, and I will love the people who live with me. I know that life is too short to waste in misery and drama with the people I love. I will enjoy the presence of the people I love, respecting their choices in life as I respect my own.

Today, I will graciously receive your gifts by enjoying your gifts, by enjoying the beauty of all your creation. Help me to be as generous as you are, to share what I have with generosity, just as you share your gifts so generously with me. Help me to become a master of gratitude, generosity, and love so that I can enjoy all of your creations.

Today, help me to manifest my creation as you manifest the universe, to express the beauty of my spirit in the supreme art of the human; the art of dreaming my life. Today, I give you all of my gratitude and love, because you have given me life.

Amen

Taken from: Prayers, A Communion with our Creator; by Don Miguel Ruiz.

~*~*~*~*~*~
Today when I woke, the first words I spoke were of love. I laid in bed allowing the day, this last day before surgery to wash over me. I wrapped my blanker tighter around me and gave myself something I haven’t given myself in a long time. It was surprisingly easy to do this, despite the barriers I had previously encountered. The first words I spoke were: “I love you Susan”. I repeated them over and over again until I could finally get out of bed.

I have no idea what today will bring to me, but no matter what, I wanted to start it out with love. And it’s been a long time since I told myself that I loved myself. And too, in my blog I wanted to start the day right with a prayer I saw in my new book, that I’ve shared with you all.

In the journey of this moment in my life, I’ve been grateful to people for their help, support, etc. I still am grateful for that. But something else that I’ve done on the flipside is been ungrateful for my life. So many times in my darkest moments I thought, “Why bother” or wondered since I have this cancer if there was life to live.

Fear is very powerful.

I may be depressed sometimes...sad too, but what I am deep in my core is a spirit of light. I KNOW this is true, so I was sad to see this prayer this morning and realize that all along while I was thanking everyone, I had not said a word to the universe/god/goddess etc., thanking divinity for this life I’ve had and will continue to have going forward.

The hardest lesson to learn is that life no matter the circumstances is worth living. This is true no matter what. When I was a teenager, I had this myopic depressive sight of life (that I sometimes have now since my divorce and recently since my diagnosis). It can make life seem like it wasn’t worth it. But even then, even now, when I was at my lowest, in the back of my mind I KNEW it was worth it. I am ashamed that I’ve taken it for granted… again.

Sometimes we need a wake up call. I need many ;)

So wake up, it’s a beautiful day, and I’ve started it off with love and gratitude and just a little bit of fear… That’s ok for me, how about you? How did you start your day today? Don’t you have someone you want to express some love to?

You are a blessing to me everyday.

XO

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

"Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark." ~Zen saying

We stand in the shadow of our lives every time we tell ourselves that something cannot be done because we are not good enough, or strong enough, or rich enough, or young enough or thin enough, or anything else enough. It is only when we boldly declare, "I am enough!" that we are able to step from the shadow and into the light of a beautiful new day.

Kate Nowak; Live More Abundantly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful post about that which all too many people forget: to love oneself. Also important in my books is to forgive ourselves as many people talk about carrying "baggage" around with them but only do so because they haven't forgiven themselves and some, oddly, don't want to as they hang on to the unforgiveness, nurturing it, holding it close and letting it fester. Love oneself and forgive oneself and from that emanates the easy, sincere, ability to love and forgive others. It's a beautiful day Sue and all the more so because you're in our lives.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...