Thursday, October 19, 2006

**Special Update**; Pathlogy Report

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. ~Thich Nhat Hanh

~*~*~*~*~*~

SPECIAL UPDATE:

There are a few pieces of today’s visit that need to be shared. The first and most important joy is that the doctor thinks she’s gotten rid of all the cancer! YAY!

This is tempered with caution however as the cancer had indeed spread to my cervix and uterus. HOWEVER, she thinks she removed it all by performing the hysterectomy so no chemo or radiation! Just three month checkups to make sure all is well for some time.

My joy is tempered only slightly by the worry of a return, but it is joy nonetheless that no cancer is swimming in my body (or so we think).

I have some surgical issues to deal with stemming from the procedure itself. Namely the staples, my skin’s health and other things that I just won’t share. But these things while they keep me fairly locked in my house still are nonetheless minor compared to the whole picture.

And now for the EXCEPTIONALLY good news and the news that truthfully has me grinning.

Since September 19th, I have lost FIFTY FIVE pounds! Yup 55! The doctor when asked if the removal of my organs contributed to this, said that maybe 5-10 pounds, but the rest was all me. She then said, “So whatever you’re doing, keep doing it”. YAY!!! FIFTY FIVE pounds! WOW. I’m ecstatic over this.

For now this is all this post will contain, but it is such a power packed post of joy for such a small smattering of info!

For now, I will allow myself to bask in joy a feeling I haven’t felt without the shadow of darkness looming over me for some time. Not today… Today is all joy.

XO

Muse

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only am I extremely happy for you and your news, I am so very proud of you! Congratulations on your many successes and celebrations today!

Anonymous said...

Wooohoooooooooo! Congratulations on such fantastic news. You're still in my prayers.
*happy dancing on desktops*

Kelli said...

Such great news -- and I'm so happy to hear it!
I know the battle isn't over yet but this is a major victory -- so get out there and enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I am really happy for you!
<333
(:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...