Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A little competition never hurt anyone eh?

So Google Man and I were talking today about one of our mutual goals. That goal is the loss of weight. We both agree that we will work together on this and support each other. Well today we formalized an attack plan. I must say it’s nice, a little competition never hurt eh?

So here’s the deal:

For every day that I walk, he must walk. On those days, the only requirement for either of us, is that you must walk at least .25/mile. If he does not walk on a day that I do, I can force him to watch something he would absolutely hate to watch on TV or cable and I get to gloat :D.

This goes on for one month starting today. Then on April 13th, we reverse it…

Then the pressure is on me (so I should be nice to him eh? Stack up some favors? ;) For every day that he walks I must walk and if I don’t… well I can only imagine the shows he’ll make me watch (think sports BLEH).

So I have this to say to Google Man, despite being a tad bit under the weather I have one piece of advice for him. You might want to pick up a good walking CD when you leave work today, because I walked today. You know what that means! :D

Cheers for me!

Stats:
Time walked: 15 minutes
Distance: .35/mile
Fat grams burned: 19
Fat Calories Burned: 59
Speed walked 1.5/mile per hour

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I want to say is totally faboo - you guys!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

haha, that sounds fun! good luck to you both!

Anonymous said...

A little "healthy" competition...I love it! Do you have some cool machine that tells you how many fat grams you burned or do you have some formula to calculate it?

Anonymous said...

Ah Google Man, beware! I sense a woman with unfailing determination! Good luck to you both!

The Muse said...

Thanks for all the comments folks :) I was pretty happy that I walked yesterday as my motivation is lacking... Hopefully this little incentive will work :)

Jules, when I quit smoking in 2001, my one year anniversary reward to myself was a treadmill. I spent a few hundred on a decent one with a fat gram burn count, calorie count, distance, etc. Oh and it has a heart monitor which is great! So thankfully no math conversions for me (I suck at math :P)

Be well everyone!

Muse

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...