Monday, March 19, 2007

Love Letters - Chapter 31; The Sea of Possibilities

My love,

The wind was a ravenous beast last night. I stood on the veranda, my hair whipping about, letting it overtake me. My dress danced a mad tune that only the wind’s howling knew. But in onyx splendor, the stars twinkled captivating me. Standing, bracing against the wind that turned quickly to warm rain spilling over me, I grew lost in the night sky.

In a moment’s span of time, a song came to mind, the tones sweet to my starved ear. The song, one of dreams filled my senses and as the rain came down I closed my eyes and saw before me a place of tranquility. Transfixed with the vision of the softest sand, the fragrant breeze, and the warm sun I swayed to my own music; the music of us.

The love we share is the makings of a dream. From the moment I let you into my heart I began building in my mind the place where our dream unfettered could roam and grow. This dream, I see before my closed eyes shimmering with the complexity of a mirage.

The swelling in my heart as it rests comfortably in love, surrounded by love, & safe in its expression, is unmistakable. It is the swelling of a love overflowing. While the world rages around me, the wind howling, and the air cold. I stand transported to the safe haven of our world. The world created by our love. And though our love is new, still budding in the timetables of eternity, it bears the weight of permanence.

Tucking my hair behind my ears, I open my eyes for the first time since seeing with crystal clarity our world. The night suspended allowed the stars to shine brighter. Is there some magic in the night, in the music? Something that allows love to dance free even among chaos?

Regardless, I embrace it; timidly at first, and soon in time with wild abandon. Time has taught me valuable lessons, and imparted fear as well. But those lessons ring true in my heart now, when I listen, when I’m quiet and can hear the beating of love’s drum. Those lessons tell me of caution, but also tell me to listen, to accept, to let go.

So tonight love, while the wind tears at me, the cold embraces me… I shun it all away and stand in a glow of love that no darkness, cold, or wind can dispel.

The song continues on, “Now I’m dreaming with you tonight”…Yes, I am dreaming. I’m wide awake and dreaming, and walking somewhere along the sandy shores of the beach in our hearts love. There I wait for you to come home. There I wait for my other half to join me again, and turn the chaotic world of life into the sea for which our love is the beacon, guiding weary travelers in the realm of possibility. There, I wait …for you.

I will wait forever.

Eternally Yours,
Muse

©SKW

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...