Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Random Musings

The Second important difference between Yesterday’s God and Tomorrow’s God:


Tomorrow’s God is without gender, size, shape, color, or any of
the characteristics of an individual living being.


©Neale Donald Walsch; Excerpted from “Tomorrow’s God: Our greatest spiritual challenge”

~*~*~*~*~*~

I’ve been doing some reading lately. It started by picking up a tiny book called “The Bringers of Light”. It was a very small instructional manual of sorts on how to be a bringer of light. I’ll admit I didn’t read it all the way through. It was so small I skimmed it. But in it, I remember it mentioned the series of books from Neale Donald Walsch entitled: “Conversations with God”. I had seen the title so many times, I thought “That’s it, I’m going to see what all the fuss is about!”.

I bought the first book, and then the 5th book. I started to read the first one and it has such interesting ideas and concepts on God. It calls “God” both he and she. It calls for an open mind when reading it but I found that even as foreign as some concepts were. Some of them really resonated with me.

In the meantime I had started book one, but the 5th book caught my eye. So I picked that up and have literally not been able to put it down. Unlike my reading of other books where I half read/half skim, I really read this. I’m not done by any means, but my point is when I read it, I READ it. I processed it. I thought about it. And I still think about it.

One of the things in this book is the many differences between the God of yesterday and tomorrow’s God. Now, being of a pagan origin in my spirituality, the “genderless God” in the statement above really appealed to me. One of the many philosophies in the pagan religions that have always appealed to me regardless of the name of the pagan religion is the duality of the God/Goddess. I’ve always aligned with the feminine side of divinity.

But, I digress. The point of this post is that this book is DEFINITELY worth reading. Whether or not you decide it’s a meandering of one’s biased thoughts, or a valid vehicle for divine inspiration and a positive change for the world, it’s still worth the read.

Why did I post this today? I have absolutely no idea.

But if you DO read it, let me know your thoughts. I’d like to hear different people’s views on this book (without inciting a religious debate please).

~*~*~*~*~*~

As for me, I’m on my third day back to work and the infamous Crony is here too. It’s been an interesting day, but thankfully free of the trials and tribulations that seem to be common here. I have three more hours left here today and then I get to burst forth from the doors into freedom! Hopefully I will find something to keep me busy…

You are a blessing to me everyday. Thank you for being part of my life, every one of you.

Muse

2 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

why did you post this? FOR ME! you know when you read something and it really hits a spot, deep in your soul? well those books you mentioned are one of those times.. i am going to see if I can buy/borrow them today - thankyou
being brought up a christian and now being a pagan, I guess - I struggle daily with the word God - because God to me equals fear (a bi-product of the christian upbringing that I had)

Thomas said...

I was introduced to CWG Book 1 way back in 1997. It brought me much comfort and hope and definitely resonated with me as well. Every few pages after reading a new revelation, I would say, "Of course!" His books really are my Bible (much less violent than the "Good Book", too). I just signed up for a conference in Chicago where I'll be able to attend an all-day workshop with him (James Redfield, Marianne Williamson, and James Van Praagh will also be there). Reading NDW's books, I wonder how it is that people can believe in such a punitive, angry, cruel God (such as that reflected in the Old Testament). They really are children of a "lesser" God.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...