Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring Cleaning, Piano Man, & Le Coffee Table Extraodinaire!

“If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies.” ~Nadine Stair

“Sitting quietly, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself” ~ Zen Proverb

~*~*~*~*~*~

Spring is fast approaching, and with it the desire to do spring cleaning. I have struggled against that feeling :P. However, I have been doing spring cleaning in my life. The two letters in my prior posts (The Unforgiving Muse and The Letter of Goodbye – Long Overdue) are part of that change.

There’s a lot to unravel and surprisingly not as much as I thought. But, as things come up I am working on dealing with them right away. Who knows, maybe this is just what the doctor ordered?

In other news this past weekend was a blast! I did literally nothing except receive new furniture and go to a piano bar! I had never been to one before and it was a BLAST! The man playing piano was interactive, lively and good. The man backing him up, the jack of all music instruments as Google Man calls him, was EXCELLENT in his craft. He did a saxophone solo in the song “Just a Gigolo” that was phenomenal. After eating dinner (with me singing along with the piano VERY LOUDLY) I made Google man come with me and literally sit AT the piano bar where I proceeded to sing a bit more and interact with the piano man’s family who was also sitting there. It was SO MUCH FUN. Seriously, I felt so alive!

As for the coffee table, click and see. It’s gorgeous! (YAY for new coffee tables! This is the closest image to my actual table that I could find. It’s close but not exact. But still gives you a good idea.)

Saturday morning, afternoon, and Sunday pretty much all day was spent lounging around doing whatever I wanted. Watching movies, eating good food, having good conversation and watching the sun set and rise. What a way to rejuvenate!

Just two weekends from now, I’ll be packing my bags and spending two luxurious nights in a 5 star hotel complete with a Jacuzzi soaking tub, included breakfast, and wine tasting each night. As if that wasn’t enough, I’ll be going to my first ever theater performance in the city seeing Wicked! It is after all Google man’s birthday and what a way to spend it on the town! I’m just about as excited as he is (and maybe even more).

I’ve been trying as well to walk more. As you can see from my stats I’ve been doing better (even walking within two days of a previous walk, go me!) and I’ve increased not only the speed but the distance too. Now if I could just get back to eating smaller portions, I might see a weight drop instead of hanging on that damn plateau I’m on.

Everyday I have this wonderful iPod with me and I’ve almost filled it (well I have 10g free out of 30 :P) with ALL my music from my DJ files, two movies, and a slew of podcasts. The podcasts are WONDERFUL. I have about 30 that I subscribe to. Everything from cancer care and help to meditation, old cartoons, and affirmation broadcasts. They really are a treat. I’m even looking (casually) into making my own podcast of something or other, if I ever get the nerve to do it :P

I’m also cleaning up my finances even more. I’ve held onto several things that are related to Utopia Skye, but sadly they too must go or be changed. I’ve cancelled my home phone (yes all you who have it, time to keep my cell # as that is my only means of contact as of 4-4-07), and considering cancelling the forums on Utopia Skye and making some changes elsewhere. I must get some more cash and until my job prospects change for the better, I have to make do with what I have.

It feels good to be on a path of change. It’s nice to feel like I’m throwing the proverbial garbage out and replacing it with all new things. New in thought, heart or spirit, not necessarily new in purchase. I know this is more a smattering of what’s going on, but this is my life and for the first time in a long time, it is balanced and I am enjoying it :)

The yin and yang of my life is no longer my nemesis, it is in fact today, my joy.

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES
Today I wish for you to find balance. It can be balance in the smallest thing, or balance in a big way. Either way, the benefit of balance is so rewarding. The resulting peace, and comfort are two things I would never give up. Today I wish for you to feel that peace, that accomplishment.

You are a blessing to me everyday, in so many ways. Thank you for sharing my journey.

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER
Today’s Interesting link (believe it or not I got it from Oprah) is Grammar Girls. It seems to be an informative site for everyone. Check it out and see how much you like “Quick and Dirty” ;) Come on… you know you want to :D

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow, I can feel the energy swirling all around you LadyM. How wonderful! You are so alive and vibrant, I can tell. So many wonderful things are coming into your life, I am so glad you notice and note them here with us.

I saw that Grammar Girl lady correct that teacher on Oprah too! I knew she was wrong and to be corrected like that...her students will never forgive her! Oh well, she was really bossy about it. I'm the same way with "can not" not being "cannot". You don't write "donot" ever do you? LOL. Just some former editor humour.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...