Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday night Sendoff...

If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

There is no chance, no destiny, no fate that can hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul. ~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

“Put your mind, heart, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” ~Swami Sivananda

~*~*~*~*~*~

I have had the most wonderful weekend. Bursting with all the excitement of good friends, companionship, and so much more, I am still breathless with it all. While life has twisted everyone’s journey, some for the darker it seems; for once my life has twisted into the light a bit.

I have to say that knowing Google Man and having him in my life has made for a very interesting time. He is at once supportive of my thoughts, firm when I need it, and full of understanding that somehow he has, even though he’s only known me a short time. This is the stuff of good friends; people that care, that listen, and respond in only the way a friend knows how to. I am very happy to integrate him into my circle of friends and even into my heart.

I have spent the past two weekends sick. (An unfortunate thing for Google man who has been there for both incidences). Last weekend I had the misfortune of drinking something that was bad. Food poisoning sucks, plain and simple. Google man stayed the night at my house, sitting next to my bed watching over me in the event that I needed anything.

This weekend I’ve contracted some intestinal viral thing which has left me both in pain and frustrated at my body. Again Google man has been a champion sticking it out with me, even staying up until 5am one morning just to make sure I fell asleep.

Even despite those sicknesses however, I have been surrounded by friends. I have heard some hard times hitting many people, and have great sadness for them. But in a strange turn of events at least for me, instead of getting all sad and depressed for all the things I could not do for those people; I instead sent out positivity by sharing my joys with everyone. Everyday I pray for people, think of people, worry for people. But this weekend in particular I coupled that with joy, and sent THAT out for people too. May the intention of that speed to you who need it.

Tonight, I sit across the table from Google man as we geek out on our computers and talk. And I smile at him as he knows now the dreams I’ve held dear to my heart of my goals for Utopia Skye. He listened to them all, never once putting them down. He offered help, and even better, nurtured my creativity. The night before I have to go back to the hell hole known as work, I simply cannot think of a better place to be both physically and emotionally. To have had so many visits with friends that my mind is still swimming in it, and to have had to outlet to once again walk in my dreams without watering them with reality… These are the things that fill my soul. A big thank you to my friends who whether on the phone, in person or in my mind have nurtured my spirit and given me the best send off to work that one could possibly have.

I came across this prayer today while searching for the quotes above. This post was to be all about dreams but it seems I’ve derailed my own post :P However, the one thing I DO want to give to people, especially those who are having a rough time right now, is this prayer. It is small and it’s all I have to give, but it is an affirmation of what I attempt to do each day… I hope it brings you peace today.

I Arise Today
Attributed to Saint Patrick, translated by Kuno Meyer.
I arise today
Through the strength of heaven:
Light of sun,
Radiance of moon,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of wind,
Depth of sea,
Stability of earth
Firmness of rock.


~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES
Today I wish simply for you to know that you are cared for. That even across the digital universe, someone is thinking of you and hoping your day is bright.

You are a blessing to me everyday.


~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER
"The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises." ~ Leo Buscaglia, American author and teacher

(Don’t forget to smile!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

iloveyou

Anonymous said...

it's nice to see happiness and love flowing out from you in such a stream. I'm glad googleman is there for you when you need it.

Libra Moon said...

Thank You for the Poem Me Lady...

It shall be bedside for me to rise with each morning as I search for encouragement to begin my day.

In Peace, Light and Love...
Libra Moon

Anonymous said...

Time to do a happy dance and sing a happy song! May it carry through your Monday when you return to the hell hole.

Suzie Ridler said...

It sounds like life is very good for you despite these health upsets! I'm sorry you've been struggling when it comes to your poor tummy but it sounds like your heart is happy and that is a good trade off. In time I hope you have both health and happiness. It'll happen.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...