Monday, May 01, 2006

Blast from the past and knowledge like a hit on the head!




So this weekend, given the rapid growth of my nails I decided to go and hunt for my bag of girlie goodies (namely about 20 bottles of all different nail polish colors and things). Since I started taking care of my nails I’ve been searching for this bag, but not too hard. Well now my nails are long enough that I HAD to polish them (Look out all of you, a monster may have just been created).

I found the bag tucked away behind my wedding dress (ACK I still have that?!). Seeing as I was still sick this weekend (and yes still head congested even now can you believe it?) I decided what’s better than doing my nails and giving me a facial. In any event at the start of things, as I pulled the bag down from the top shelf of my closet enlightenment knocked on my head. Ok well so something fell on my head… ok well a couple of something’s :P But nonetheless it brought the muse back for a quick visit in the form of a blast from the past.

At one point in my life I had attempted to draw. Most of you know I’m very creatively inclined. I sing, write, craft things etc. But the one thing I could never quite conquer was drawing. Don’t get me wrong I’ve done a few pictures with nothing but old house paint that would knock your socks off but I’m no artist extraordinaire. I once painted a landscape beach scene with a fence for my mother (who still has it framed I believe) with nothing but house paint. I had at one point thought to draw people, but as the first melon shaped head appeared on the pear shaped body I decided that drawing was for the birds. However, when I attempted flowers and things well that was a different story.

I got so good at drawing flowers and such that I went to the store and in a moment of pure inspiration bought a COMPLETE set of watercolor pencils and a whole host of other drawing utensils including other objects such as sketch pads, etc. The watercolor pencils come in a tin container quite long and while not heavy, when used as a projectile flying at your head it can cause you to see some stars.

I was all excited as the tin hit my head, and the sketch pad followed that after the initial shock wore off I exclaimed “ooooooh! I might draw today”. I’ve been looking to do some of the crafty-things that I used to do. I love to make soap and bath products; I love to make wreaths, and generally just crafty stuff… But I haven’t done any of that in so long. So I thought Alright! I’ll draw!

So I sat down and began to draw the most disgusting flower in a vase you’d ever seen. I looked at it for a little bit after drawing it. I think I felt kind of a proud “I drew that!” and kind of a revolting sensation such like to say “What the HELL is that?” In the end, my drawing was scrapped and the pencils and such sit on my coffee table as a reminder that sometimes inspiration is good… sometimes it’s just a reminder that it’s there and should be followed only with caution and hard hats. :P

*****
WELL WISHES

Lots of ‘em today!

For Kami: I’m so glad we got to speak a bit yesterday. I’m sorry I got busy in game and then fell asleep at my desk :P But today I wish you a ton of smiles!

For Celtic: Yay you signed my blog! Heh I miss you. Today I wish you energy for your running and exercises.

For Tryphenia: (yes a new entry to the well wishes list!) Today I wish you friendship peace, the kind that you give me when you message me out of the blue and actually catch me online to chat.

For Aussie_male: Today I wish you happiness that comes in the form of productivity. I also wish you strength for your return to the workforce. I hope your new job goes well for you *smile*

For Dana: Today I wish you a Monday full of soul peace :D I know things get crazy for you and with being sick and all they get even crazier. May your sage and sweet grass smudge all your cares away!

For Roze: I LOVE your blog entries. No it’s never good to lie, so today I wish you the shield of truth and the badge of trust. Why? Because I just want to :P

For Mr. Quiet Strength: You’ve been quiet lately; I wish you the peace of guided direction. Hopefully things are continuing on the path you wish them to.

For Mr. Serenader: Today I wish you a happy Monday. I know they are rare to come across :P

For Beth: Today I send you thoughts of good health and love. May you know in Arizona that I love you.

For Mr. D: (Yes another new entrant to the list of well wishes). I’ve thought of you often and wish you the peace of a smooth life. I hope that despite our hilly friendship that seems to have come to an impassable cliff, that you know I wish you well always.

For Shaun: I miss you ! Today I wish you the joy of accomplishment. You always do so well in whatever you do may all you attempt reward you with the sense of accomplishment in a job well done.

For Kelli: I wish you happiness today *smile*. You deserve it.

For This Fish: I wish you happiness as well, not that you aren’t already oozing with it, but know that someone else is sending it specifically to you.

For Sober in the city: I wish you the guidance of your heart. No matter what you go through, who you discover, or what you learn, may your heart always guide you.

*****
AND REMEMBER:

(For those who meditate and for me who should do it more often :P):
Calm the winds of your thoughts, and there will be no waves on the ocean of your mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO Cal!! I don't mean to laugh at your expense lol but today's entry was funny hehehe... or as Jessee would say "HEE HEE!!" :P. I like to see you happy! I hope you start feeling better soon >:D<.

And... don't scrap your flower, even if it is discusting (which I'm sure it isn't =; pft)!

Thank you for the well wishes. It was nice to chat with you for a while yesterday [:. We'll have to do it again!

<3 Kami

Anonymous said...

disgusting*

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...