Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Language of Angels...

*****
We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.~ E.E. Cummings

"Wake Up! If you knew for certain you had a terminal illness; if you had little time left to live -- you would waste precious little of it! Well, I'm telling you...you do have a terminal illness. It's called birth. You don't have more than a few years left. No one does. So be happy now, without reason -- or you will never be at all." ~Dan Millman

Have you blessed anyone today? And have you counted the blessings in your life? If not, why not take a moment to do so now? It will make you feel phenomenal. Until tomorrow, know you are a blessing to me. May you be blessed with all things good.
~Kate; Creator of the
May You Be Blessed Movie & the One Million Blessings Project (Click the links for more information on this phenomenal project)

*****

Sometimes I wonder what my purpose in this life is. Bear with me, reflection has been upon me for quite some time these past few weeks for various reasons… and I’m committed to total honesty in this blog.

In talking with Mrs. Virgo yesterday one of the things I wanted to do in life as expressed, was to make a difference somewhere, somehow... A NOTICEABLE difference. When I think about that today I think back to what she said. Something along the lines of (Sorry if I get it wrong Mrs. Virgo) “With everything you do everyday you make a difference”.

I was not blessed with book intelligence, or the desire to get more book intelligence :P Not that I’m not smart, I’m just not more smart than the average person lets say. But I’ve always had within me the drive to help people feel better. And I don’t mean just surface, I mean deep feeling. I can remember incidents in High school where people have said the one thing I did for them or with them changed their life in such a profound way that they’ve been forever moved.

I lose sight of these things a lot. It’s easy to do now that high school is *gulp* almost 20 years behind me (ok only really 17 but who’s counting right?). I do not know why I want to do these things but I want to do them. Have you ever seen the light turn on in someone’s eyes, even if just for a second when you’ve touched them? It’s a magical feeling that has the ability to transform your very soul! This is my addiction and again as Mrs. Virgo says, “even in your darkest times, you still have that light in you”. I do… indeed I do.

A very special woman once told me that she had it on good authority that I was given a very special talent. Not only that, but that I had been rescued from the depths a long time ago, by angels, and given this special gift. She didn’t know what the gift was, but she knew that I had it, and that I had to get a “special” kind of mad to use it. There are reasons that for many years I doubted this woman. But I think today I’ll open the doors fully to what she said, allowing this truth as she saw it to work its magic on me today and give me the smile that says “I am special and so are you”. I think this special kind of mad she refers to is the anger I feel at injustice or the deep pain I feel at another’s pain. I may do nothing Pulitzer prize winning ever in this lifetime, but in the past (and hopefully for a long time to come), I know I have “touched” at least one person. Maybe that’s what I’m supposed to do. So today, I think I’ll do just that.

Ta ta for now dear readers I’m off to offer some happiness to anyone that wants it.

(And as a side note, thank you for all the OVERWHELMING contributions of affirmations I’ve received the past few days. I’ve added 5 more pages to the growing list of affirmations, blessings, prayers, meditations, chants, stories, etc. Keep them coming! They can only be helpful to any who read them, and to those I pass them on to directly. Email me if you have ANY even just one quote, story, poem, chant, meditation or reflection you want shown. The original author will get credit as will you if I pull yours on any day.)

*****
DAILY INSPIRATION

Listing Magnificence – From DailyOM
Five Things I Like About Myself

Our primary relationship in life is with our selves. No one else goes through every experience in life with us. We are our one permanent companion, yet we are often our worst critic. To remind ourselves of our magnificence, we can do this exercise: "Five Things I Like About Myself."

Begin by writing down at least five things that you like about yourself. This is not the time to be modest. If you are having trouble coming up with a total of five items, you know that this exercise can really benefit you. Be sure to include more than your physical attributes on your list, since our bodies are only part of who we are. If you are still struggling with what to include on your list, think of what you like about your favorite people, because these traits are probably qualities that you possess too. Another way to complete your list is to think of five things you don't like about yourself and find something about these traits that you can like.

Continue this process for a week, thinking of five new things you like about yourself everyday. At the end of the week, read the list aloud to yourself while standing in front of a mirror. Instead of looking for flaws to fix, allow the mirror to reflect your magnificence. You may feel silly about standing in front of a mirror and reading aloud a list of your admirable attributes, but it might just bring a smile to your face and change the way you see yourself. Remember, it is when you feel the most resistant that this exercise can benefit you the most. Because we are constantly looking at the world, instead of looking at ourselves, we don't often see what's magnificent about ourselves that others do. When we take the time to experience ourselves the way we would experience someone we love and admire, we become our best companion and supporter on life's journey.

*****
WELL WISHES

Mrs. Virgo: your friendship always means more to me than I can express. In the circle of life no matter if we dance alone on occasion we will always dance around each other in spirit. Today I wish you the peace of our spirit friendship. It moves me daily, may it give you peace today

Kami: I miss talking to you, but am so glad you are having fun! I wish you joy today, may a smile grace your face and happiness light your heart.

Kelli: I love your entries, they’re always so happy or insightful or emotional. Today I wish you the light of knowing what you say is heard, enjoyed, and shared. Your positivity is infectious!

Chris Delorenzo: I miss your blog entries, but I know what you did you had to do. I wish you happiness today that your life goes the way you wish it to today and everyday.

Mr. Quiet Strength: Your honesty and friendship even remotely is something I cherish. I send that back to you today, that it may make you happy and know you are thought of and cared for too.

Mr. Uber: I wish for you to have a wonderful day full of whatever it is you wish to receive.

Shaun: I send you thoughts of happiness today, I’m so proud of you for all you are.

Roze: Glad you’re back! I send you thoughts of friendship, know you were missed *smile*

Ms. B: How’s the weather in sunny AZ? Warm? Well it will get warmer, because I wish you the joy of sunshine on your face and love in your heart.

Cray: I send you thoughts of good health and love from afar. I hope whatever ails you doesn’t keep you down, you’ve got too much to do ;) *hugs*

MuseMom: I love you and enjoyed our visit yesterday. Today I wish for you to have peace.

*****
AND REMEMBER:

"When you say, I enjoy doing this or that, it is really a misperception. It makes it appear that the joy comes from what you do, but that is not the case. Joy does not come from what you do, it flows into what you do and thus into this world from deep within you."
~ Eckhart Tolle; Quote is taken from page 298 of: A New Earth

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...