Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wednesday's Light is shining bright...



Rule Six - "There" is no better than "here". The other side of the hill may be greener than your own, but being there is not the key to endless happiness. Be grateful for and enjoy what you have, and where you are on your journey. Appreciate the abundance of what's good in your life, rather than measure and amass things that do not actually lead to happiness. Living in the present helps you attain peace.
~Cherie Carter Scott – Rules of Life
Be happy where you are in life. It may not be perfect, but its right for where you are in your life. You have many things to be happy & grateful for. Recognize them and write a few down today. Blog them & let others know you’re grateful.

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the Beautiful Stuff out." ~Ray Bradbury; American novelist

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."~Author and Poet Maya Angelou

*****
I am thankful for and blessed with so many things. Even when things may get down for me, I still am aware of these things. Today I shall list them in no particular order.

I am thankful for:
the conversation I had with Aussie_male this morning. It was good.
Mrs. Virgo everyday
Having a job
The ability to have this blog
My mother still being with me on this planet
The fact that I am alive
For the friendships I have
For my coffee this morning :P
Shaun
Jessie
The fact that I have learned how to identify with and speak of my emotions
The fact that I can write and people enjoy it

I am blessed:
Because so many read this blog, that makes me feel good…
By people who choose to have me as part of their lives
Because an idea I had turned out to be more than just a name and is known by many
Because I’ve been given several opportunities in life to be positive, and experience the positive, EVEN when my life was anything but positive
Because even though my past is dark and riddled with many evils, I have a beautiful life today despite that past.
Because I have deep emotions that allow me to truly understand people
Because I have such a deep connection with music that it moves me everyday
Because so many have touched me

Thank you everyone for your part in these blessings that I receive.

(ADDED AFTER THE ORIGINAL POSTING)
I was reading the news (no I don't watch it but because I have ample free time at work I read the news here) and saw this article. Why, do we do these things? Why? If you pray, no matter who you pray to, pray for these victims, pray for the other victims of other acts of violence and "war", pray for peace, pray for anything, but please pray...

Tactics of “War” in the Congo
*****
DAILY INSPIRATION

The Power Behind Us – from DailyOM
People That Support Us

Behind each of us stands at least one supporter. This was once thought to be the spouse who ran the home while leaving the other spouse free to work. While this is still one valid scenario, most of us will find that we have other kinds of supporters in our lives. In some cases, our supporters are the people whose help allows us to do the things we're best at, see to our obligations, or pursue or dreams. In other cases, our support may come from the people who are there to help us through life's challenges by offering us their strength and bolstering our spirit.

Our support may come from our families and friends or from the people we hire-nannies, assistants, gardeners, healers, therapists, and advisors. Our supporters may be the mentors who help us express ourselves by listening to us as we share our thoughts and feelings. Our supporter can be the person sitting next to us at a networking meeting or the teacher from our childhood whose words still resonate in our minds. We have always had supporters around us whether we noticed them or not. No matter where the support comes from, few of us can make it through life without assistance.

As we take the time to acknowledge everyone that has every supported us, we can't help but feel grateful. Understanding our place in our human support system helps us see that just as there are people that support us, we are a supporter to many people. By gratefully accepting the expertise and assistance of our supporters, we can consciously and more easily build a life that we love. Thanks to our staff, groups, friends, and loved ones for all their support. We all need each other's support to thrive this world.

*****
WELL WISHES

I wish everyone a happy Wednesday, and the clear insight to see and take a moment to recognize the things you’re blessed with today (no matter how small). Even in the darkest of times, something is always there… I wish today that you see that and know too, that I’m blessed because of you.

*****
AND REMEMBER:

"I am a child of the Light.
I love the Light.
I serve the Light.
I live in the Light.
I am protected, illumined, supplied and sustained by the Light
and I bless the Light"
~Saint Germain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last couple of posting have been very nice.

As for the article you highlighted, it all boils down to an expression of power...

Anonymous said...

Little sister I am in awe of the power of your words that are imbued with the bright spirit that I know and love :) I'm enjoying reading your blog so very much.

The article was heart wrenching. We are all family united as one by our blood and yet, we hurt each other, our family, so deeply. Like a disfunctional family, we push the bits we don't like under the rug and hope no one notices but they do.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...