Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday's child was a muse of song!

I am unwritten,
Can't read my mind
I'm undefined
I'm just beginning
The pen's in my hand
Ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your INHIBITIONS

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

I break tradition
Sometimes my tries
Are outside the lines
We've been conditioned
To not make mistakes
But I can't live that way

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions


Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
treat yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
~Natasha Bedingfield – “Unwritten”

*****
I LOVE this song!  I listened to it quite a few times coming in this morning.  Today I had a fresh burst of optimism for the day ahead.  I realized as this song was playing that today was still unwritten and I had a fresh pen and a brand new piece of blank paper.  Back in January when I started to have a different viewpoint on what this blog was for.  I decided that I would write more positively as often as possible but remain honest to my blog and my emotions.  Sometimes that’s a painful experience.  Sometimes it’s a rewarding eye opening one.  But in any measure it’s a dance with reality and honesty that is refreshing.

I’ve had some crappy days the past few weeks.  Today after about two weeks (officially) of being sick I feel about 90% better.  I’ve also had some emotional upsets lately too that have threatened the carefully scripted balance with which I think.  I’ve found more often than not this week that I’ve been hanging onto the shelf of normalcy by my toes facing the deep abyss of depression over things.  And well… I just don’t want to do that.  It’s hard sometimes but sometimes I can still cling to the shelf of normalcy and actually win.  Today is one of those days as evidenced by this morning’s ride into work.

I’m still congested, and I still cough a bit and my ears are randomly plugged on occasion but I discovered today that I can sing again (HOORAY!).  I had to do some voice work this morning though as my voice is still weak, but I was DETERMINED to sing this morning and the minute I did, I was set free. Singing for me is something that I cannot be without.  It’s the expression of my soul’s voice in the language we can understand.  Even if no one ever hears me, I have an audience in my mind and they love me.  I even have my own private concert hall in my car and when I sing there the whole world is entranced.  It’s my magic, my mojo, my peace zone.  When I’m without it for even two weeks I feel dead.  So I’m glad my muse of song is back and actively stretching her vocal cords again.  Singing today in my car I missed the radio station.  I had considered turning it back on but I have to remember the time for the radio is past.   But I was filled with the joy of song this morning and the joy of memories of fun nights when I was on air.  Today was a glorious morning.

Now at 7:40am I have taken the time to catch up on some blog postings and Kelli’s blog today really hit me.  So Kelli I’m going to follow your lead and steal from your post with the appropriate credits given of course…  

Today I enjoyed:

~Hearing my voice sing and hearing my heart respond
~The extra 5 minutes of sleep I got this morning
~The sunlight as it streamed through my windshield.
~The smile I got from another driver who watched me sing in my car (Yes my hands were going and I was all into the song at the time… kind of embarrassing but kind of not :P)
~The memories of Utopia Skye radio, the station I owned and DJ’d on for over three years with my friends as DJ’s hosting parties and helping people ALL Over the internet have fun :D
~The memories of last night’s gaming with two friends and really just enjoying the peace of good company
~The dream of last night (which I can’t remember right at this moment but I know it was good!)
~The voice of a friend this morning when I retrieved my voice mail
~Starbucks Latte!
~And finally today I enjoyed the vision of a day of opportunity and inspiration, that is yet “unwritten”.

Thanks Kelli, I really enjoyed your post today *smile*

*****
WELL WISHES

(They just keep getting longer and longer… I’m glad though, that it makes you feel special to be listed.  I do not list individuals in competition but as each of you graces my heart at the moment I write these.  Just know that if you do NOT get mentioned here it does NOT mean you’re not thought of, but you are thought of privately in my heart *smile*

For Kelli: I wish you happiness today in return for the happiness you’ve given me.  May your Friday be as beautiful as the positive energy you seem to have in abundance.

For Dana: I keep thinking of you everyday and for whatever reason have NOT been able to catch up with you.  We need to change that.  So today I wish you the harmony of communication and joy.  I will get with you this weekend no matter where you are :P I Hope you’re feeling better too

For Mr. Uber: Today I wish you strength in your endeavors.  Sometimes the hardest work produces the best garden.  Maybe this is the case with what is going on ;)

For Mr. Quiet Strength: Thank you for the note in sympathy for my dog.  People tend to forget the little things like a letter saying you understand has a LOT of power.  Today I send you my digital hugs and hope for a day of rest for your mind.  I know you have a lot going on so sometimes just that little rest can help.

For Chris Delorenzo: (Yes another new entry to the list!).  Today I wish you happiness in something new.  Whether it be a new vision, a new way of looking at something, or just something new to spark brightness in your day, I hope you see something “new” today.  I enjoy reading your realistic and honest views on things and hope to read some more from you.  Have a wonderful day :D

For Tryphenia/Triliana/Tissiphone: My partner in crime in game.  Today I wish you strength in the areas that you and I have spoken about on occasion.  Even if right now nothing is going on may the strength I send you be there if and when you need it.  You’re always thought of *smile*.  Oh and I also thank you for the discussion we had yesterday that I do not think I could talk about with too many other people ;)  Thank you for your confidence.

For Shaun: Today I send you rejuvenation.  I haven’t talked to you in a while but if I know you, I know you’ve been busy ;) So today I send you relax and rejuvenation thoughts for your soul and body :D

For Kami: today I send you thoughts of AVOCADOS and SUGAH and CHOCOLATE!!!!  (Did I mention I bought 10 avocados the other day for $10!  And I ate them ALL!!!) *laughs*  But more importantly I send you warm thoughts of all the good times we’ve shared, the private jokes that we laugh at still, and the promise of more memories like that.  May they keep you warm and happy in all the right ways when you need them the most :D

For Mr. Serenader:  Today I send you thoughts of Health.  May your wrist and other ailments not keep you down today.  *smile*

For my mother: I love you and wish you a day of love.  

*****
AND REMEMBER

(It’s easy to forget this….)

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.

~Carl Jung

4 comments:

Kelli said...

As soon as I saw the song lyrics at the start of your post I smiled. I'm really, really glad you enjoyed my post about enjoying the little things -- and that you took the time to notice them too! Isn't it funny once you decide to pay attention to "the little things" how much better your day can seem?
Kudos to you & Happy Friday.
Ooohh and a Starbucks Latte. My absolute favorite. :-)
P.S. - I love all of the quotes you end your posts with!

The Muse said...

hey Kelli, I LOVE lattes too :D Dang you are just too damn awesome :D

And Chris thanks for posting! I'm glad you stopped by. I am having a great day today and am glad to share it with folks :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your well wishes, Cal [=. they always make me smile, but today they just made me crack up! you and your avocados, LOL!! not to mention the chocolate and SUGAH!!! miss you <3 OOH OOOH AND THE PICKLES!! *wings one at ya*

Kami,
*sprays yer toilet seat* :-s i love remembering about our fun times together!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
used vw car attorney search health insurance colorado hull city fc domain hullcity-mad.co.uk car title loan can i refinance a student consolidation loan8559 ivr software hiking is anti viirus software really good disability insurance for foreign nationals management training clearwater refinance electronic bill pay refinancing mortgages

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...