Monday, May 15, 2006

Come on in... the writing's just fine :P

Remember that you are the center of many people’s lives; some that you haven’t even met. YOU give them inspiration; love yourself for this gift that you give freely. ~(Mr. Uber)

Breathe…Exhale ~(Mrs. Fashionista)

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I've learned that whatever state I may be in, therein to be content." ~ (Helen Keller)

*****
In January of this year, I decided I was going to write more positively. It’s not always an easy thing to do, but I set about it with every intent of success. In light of that, I had people submit affirmations, or statements of positivity to me and everyday I would literally pull one or two or more out of a bag and post them as my blog entry. Sometimes they were things like “Today, write a poem about ….”. Most days they were just things about how much people care about me, or to remember the things about me that are special. What’s important abut this is the contributions I received from people. I have 5 pages full of affirmations that friends have submitted to me. I’ve strayed away from that when I was working on Digital Soup Online as the light of that project was what I needed to sustain me for a bit, but I have since realized that I truly miss this in the mornings. So I began again today. The three listed above are what I pulled.

My thanks to Mr. Uber and Mrs. Fashionista for their comments (listed above). I’m reminded today just how much the power of one person’s thoughts can penetrate the daily routine and make it glimmer with magic. Thank you.

(I am still taking affirmation submissions if you wish… I would love to post yours if you like. To submit, simply email me and list your name as you would wish others to see it. Everyday I will post this tidbit that you have provided if it is chosen in the morning. I randomly draw them from a bag of many. I’ve seen blogs that chronicle hate letters and ways for people to express their upset with life. I agree people should express themselves, but I think we can provide light too and I think you can join in if you like *smile*)

*****
I didn’t post a mothers day post. Why you may ask? Because there is no way I can list the way I feel for my mother. Not only that, but I’ve read so many fabulous posts from people like Kelli and many others whose mothers day posts made me cry that were so infused with such love that there is no way I could compete (I know it’s not a competition, but with such love being expressed so wonderfully, I was just so moved). Thank you for the wonderful weekend reading about your mothers. It was delightful to share that with you.

*****
And on a serious note, I read the House of Prince blog today and was stunned to read about something I had not even given a thought to. But no sooner than she had mentioned it, the realization of its existence came speeding at me like a Mack truck. As we all know I’m very familiar with a similar situation but still you can never be moved enough by this. My heart goes out to the families and loved ones of Jessica. I know that there is a reason for everything but damn if sometimes that reason for this is so obscure as to seem nonexistent…

On a side note, thanks to KTP for the eye opening post. I think it’s very well written and very much something we need to be aware of as we go about our days.

*****
This weekend flew…literally. I swear it was just Friday and now it’s Monday; though I’m not complaining too much this morning. I got up nicely. If any of you have trouble sleeping then you know what that statement means. I got up nice and slow, easy waking up, no rush, no headache, no hustle or bustle. I took a long shower, and made time work for ME. The ride in (even though I was 15 minutes late :P) was nice and I had some good tunes to infuse my spirit with happiness this morning. I have no idea what today holds for me, but this morning sure started off with youthful enthusiasm. I hope to keep that feeling all day long.

This weekend was a very relaxing weekend. I went to see Mrs. Virgo and we proceeded to geek out with our laptops, do our nails, have good eats, good conversation, laughter and all that kind of fun. I think I spent somewhere upwards of 6 hours with her and I can’t honestly think of a better way to spend 6 hours. Thank you Mrs. Virgo for the retreat getaway that wasn’t so far away after all ;)

When Mrs. Virgo and I get together we get so excited. The minute I rushed through her door, we were all like “look at this, smell this, oh my god you have to hear about, did you see this…etc”. We feed off each others energy and man we have a TON of it when together. It’s like a never ending well of happiness. Sometimes we have our serious moments, but even those are truly “shared” because we hold onto each other, even remotely and the support if wonderful.

It’s FABULOUS to have a friend like that.

XO to Mrs. Virgo because that one day, one block of time, has given me at least two more happy days (Sunday, and today and who knows how long) and that is WONDERFUL to feel.

1-Bottle of Nail Polish – Purple Titanium $4.99
1-Laptop Acer (piece of crap but who cares) $400 (I’m guessing it to be around there because it sucks :P)
1-Bag of Winter’s Blend Coffee from Trader Joe’s $1.99 (on sale HELL YEA!)
1-day spent rejuvenating with one person and re-centering without knowing I was doing so… PRICELESS

*****

NEW WEBPAGE ALERT! Yup I made my very own personal one, (separate from www.utopiaskye.com). It's nothing yet, but if you wish to see it you can do so at www.myinnermuse.com. Comments are welcome. Click the email link above to send me a message about it (no hate mail please :P)


*****
WELL WISHES

For Cancer Baby’s Family and Friends I wish for you soothing comfort. May the darkness of her passing, be hastened away by the light that she obviously was for many. May her memory and thoughts of joy permeate your sadness and help ease your missing her.

For Mr. Uber Thank you for the affirmation above. I wish you happiness today because you’ve given it to me as well.

For Mrs. Fashionista I am breathing ;) And today I wish you the beauty of peace. I know life is hectic for you so may it slow down so you too can breathe.

For Kelli Thank you for the wonderful mother’s day post. It was an honor to share in your thoughts of your mom. Thank you for remaining a positive part of my day. Today I wish you brightness and the energy of brilliance. May your creative endeavors and daily pursuits find you in a beautiful place today.

For KTP Of the House of Prince Thank you for the post on Cancerbaby. I believe we should always be aware of other people in our lives even remotely. I think it is only in this fashion that our eyes can truly be open to the “real” meaning of life. I wish you the awareness that you received in your posts, all day today. May this awareness prompt you to do whatever you wish to do today that will bring you joy.

For my mom I love you today and everyday.

For everyone else not specifically mentioned but felt in my heart I wish you a truly happy Monday today. May the light of the sun somehow find its way into your day and warm your face and soul. May my feelings of love, friendship, warmth also find their way to your soul today so that you know you are being thought of.

*****
AND REMEMBER:

The thought manifests as the word. The word manifests as the deed. The deed develops into habit. And the habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care. And let it spring from love, born out of concern for all beings. . ~ Buddha




No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...