Friday, May 12, 2006

The Book of Light; A Poem for you

-The Book of Light 2006-


Unassuming, it sits in its rather ugly state.
A simple brown cover, marred by creases of the years.
Alone on the table it rests.

My hand strays toward the book
Do I dare?
The cover, warm to my hand, feels soft
A slight anticipation, is followed by expectation
And in haste soon enough the pages turn...

Engulfed in remembrance,
I swim with the current that pulls me out to sea.
The digital soup stirs up my memory,
Each spice issuing forth a new enchantment.
Laughter rings true, scents come to the fore,
and the past beckons from within.
Adornments of joy grace the page;
A pressed leaf of a fall colored tree,
Rose buds plucked still fragrant,
Drops of perfume on delicate stationery,
Printed images of screen shots,
Words, advice, suggestions & even digital chat ID's.

Soon the ugly book of brown
Becomes the book of light,
Drawing forth the smile from my heart
Lighting the flame that so often goes unlit,
Warming my soul…

A wealth of sharing, in a progression of life.
And for a captured moment in time,
I too am part of the Book of light,
Resting comfortably among my friends, where I ought to be...

~*~

Author's note: No matter where life takes you, no matter what you may go through, know that at least once in your life you have been a part of my memories and happiness. Where we met is irrelevant, what's important is that we did meet. I carry a piece of each of you in my book of light, and each day I add more pages, memories, and snippets of joy. I will always remember this book of light because those that have filled it with love, have brightened my soul.

This poem is lovingly dedicated to those people who have left their footprints on my heart, both on line and off line.



*****
I may do a second entry today since this one is short (I’m busy at work today :P go figure lol). The two second good news is that I went to bed last night around 9pm and didn’t wake up (except a few times for a few minutes) until 6am. WOW. I do indeed feel rested and am going for SUSHI!!! Tonight YAY!!!

The above is a special poem written by me and previously only seen before by those who purchased a copy of Digital Soup Online. Trust me there are many more hidden gems in that book, but I wanted to spread some light today.

*****
WELL WISHES

Big hugs to you all today. Internet hugs, real hugs (for Dana who I’ll see tonight!) and wished hugs. May you know companionship today and may it make you smile.

*****
AND REMEMBER:

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own."
~Ben Sweetland

"I will love the light for it shows me the way. Yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars..."~ Og Mandino


"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I've learned that whatever state I may be in, therein to be content."~ Helen Keller

"I am not bound to win, I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to the light I have."~ Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...