Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Quotes of Light for those in Need of it...

I have re-written this post about 5 times now, finally settling for the thing that always works for me…words of light.

I knew today would be rough.  I knew that I would be swimming in the pools of cancer terminology as I learn about my disease, wading through a sea of red tape trying to get a government organization to help me, and forcing my case to fall upon those with deaf ears who would rather ignore my plight because it represents THEIR OWN mortality to them.  I knew today would be tough and as I continue to swim desperate to tread water in the icy depths of fear, I reach for the only life preserver I’ve ever known.  

Surrounding myself with light, positivity, energy, and love is the only way I know how to be calm (short of my mother’s hugs when I was a child).   And so as the morning onslaught of panic sets in at the rising costs of the procedure that stands to save my life, I push it away defiantly and turn my back on it, robbing it of its importance.  

Instead I face the window that looks into my sanctuary of peace where people have begun to gather in my mind and smile as their numbers are growing.  I see only smiling faces, outstretched arms, and whispered words of love and support floating about enveloping me as they’re spoken in peaceful tones to my starved ear.

Today, I’m going to face that window as best as I can and leave the demons of fear and panic behind me tugging at my clothing threatening to break me down.  If I fall I will do so facing the window into the world where my friends are and where people who care for me reside.  It is all I can do…

~*~*~*~*~*~
Quotes of Light for those that need them.  

Read each one, and let it wash over your spirit.  Let it renew you and offer you peace.  You don’t have to be in crisis to need inspiration.  Let me give that to you here, now, and let your spirit be free.

"Love is unconditional acceptance. That quality is also our essential nature, who we really are. It is love of parents for child; also the non-possessive love of partners; also the caring love for all people that enables forgiveness. It is not the emotional lust of being 'in love' though that may well be in alignment with true love - or unaligned, as in jealousy. It's above energy, though it may be expressed energetically; it's Spirit itself, the nature of God, the quality we share with God; and it is the binding force of the Universe, necessary for all Creation." --Peter Shepherd

"Take time to work - it is the price of success
Take time to think - it is the source of power
Take time to play - it is the secret of perpetual youth
Take time to read - it is the fountain of wisdom
Take time to be friendly - it is the road to happiness
Take time to love and be loved - it is the nourishment of the soul
Take time to share - it is too short a life to be selfish
Take time to laugh - it is the music of the heart
Take time to dream - it is hitching your wagon to a star."
--anonymous

"The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well." --Elisabeth Kubler Ross

"Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you're going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus."  --Oprah Winfrey

"Love is much more fundamental than any kind of thinking or believing. It is the root and basis of who you are, at the most fundamental level. This means that anything other than love as an expression of your being is artificial and unnatural and is a result of not knowing who you are." --Bill Harris

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched... but are felt in the heart." --Helen Keller

"Happiness is the experience of loving life. Being happy is being in love with that momentary experience. And love is looking at someone or even something and seeing the absolute best in him/her or it. Love is happiness with what you see. So love and happiness really are the same thing... just expressed differently." --Robert McPhillips

"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy that is translated through you; and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique." --Martha Graham

"I am not bound to win, I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to the light I have." -Abraham Lincoln

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."  --Melody Beattie

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES
Today I wish you all a beautiful day free of pain, fear, or loss.  May you see the clouds in the sky with eyes seeing only beauty.  May you see the gentle swaying of the trees in the wind and smile in peace.  May you be calming as much as feel calm.  And may you love others truly, and hug others tightly.  

You are a blessing to me today… ALL of you

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER
"If there is light in the soul, there will be beauty in the person. If there is beauty in the person, there will be harmony in the house. If there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation.If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world."--Chinese Proverb

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Thank you for sharing those words of comfort and support, especially during your own time of struggle. Allow the light of healing we send to you to be absorbed into your heart, heal you of that sense of aloneness you are feeling.

Anonymous said...

The more Light in the world, the less you need to fear of the Dark. To be able to keep broadcasting Light in a time of Darkness is one of your unique gifts and the world is enriched by it. Thank you.


Mr. Uber

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Jahute... you know the one ;) Anyways, I really do wish you the best. It seems as tho you manage to flesh out all sorts of supports and self invigoration... thats freaking great! It really is. I know plenty of people that would just roll over and succumb to dread and self decentrigration. Moving on.. I thought I would share this with you =) www.hipponoodles.com

Anonymous said...

A String of Horses

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...